Failure to navigate image on iPhone

Q&A about the latest versions
DChristaldi

Greetings,
So I looked through many topics, but haven’t found a solution.
My tour works fine on the desktop and iPad. But when viewed on an iPhone, I cannot navigate using touch-scroll! All buttons, drop down menus and scrolling thumbnail bar work fine, but I cannot move the actual image to look around. (image does automatically spin slowly around as I programmed it to do)
But here’s the strange part: This only happens about half of the time! Sometimes it works perfectly on the iPhone, the rest of the time, nothing. Random. I tried every combination of trouble shooting including three different iPhones. Stumped.
Maybe there’s an existing post you could point me to?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

http://162.144.142.234/~barbados/virtua ... foyer.html
360Texas

Please do you have a link to your tour website?
Which iOS version and phone are you using ?

This is so we too can observe the tour behavior.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
DChristaldi

Thanks!
I put the link at the bottom of the question. Here it is again:

http://162.144.142.234/~barbados/virtua ... foyer.html

I don't have it on a web site, just the link from my server. I had tested it on my end before sending of course. No issues! But then I sent this link to the client and he noticed the problem. Then I started seeing the problem. Worked a few times, then didn't work a few times. Back and forth. Still happening now. Only of iPhone though. Actually, I haven't tested it on any other type of mobile device yet either.
Thanks again.
Dan
thomas
Chief Gnome

You are using a very old player (Pano2VR 5.0). Please upgrade to 5.2.5 where this issue is fixed. You can just swap out the pano2vr_player.js file. If you are curious: iOS 10.3.1 changed the way touch events are handled, and this broke the player.
MfG, Thomas
DChristaldi

Thanks for the tip! I tried upgrading the software a few weeks back. But it seems I only have the option to upgrade to 6.0. To do this, I am required to pay more money. The software is certainly well worth it, so I don’t have an issue in a general sense. I know that toward the end of the year I will be upgrading. But for now, That’s not something I can do.

Please show me how I can upgrade to the 5.2.5 version.

Dan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dan,
Go to our websites download page and select "Show All Downloads".
Scroll down to 5.2.5
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
k.ary.n
Gnome

In the future, the easiest way to update is to use "Check for Updates" in the Help menu.

Alternatively, you can set your preferences to "Check for updates every 7 days" (Pano2VR > Settings > General). This way you always know when the latest and greatest arrives.

Any minor release (like 5.2.5) will be a free update. However, a change in version (as in from 5 to 6) will be a paid upgrade.
nicksette

I'm having a similar problem on the iPad. The skin navigation buttons work fine, and gyro control works as well. But I can not look around using touch.

I'm using a very old version of Pano2VR at the moment, with a much newer iPad and iOS, so that's likely the problem. But I'm in a bit of a tricky place- I'm trying to make the best impression so convince some higher-ups to budget for new pano tripod head and latest version of Pano2VR and stitching software. So, any hiccups like this just affect the presentation.

Is there anyway to update the javascript that my old (version4 something?) Pano2VR is outputting? I'm confident we'll get the latest version of Pano2VR, but in the meantime being able to show a very basic, but fully functioning, tour using iPad would really help to secure the funding.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please e-mail in to support@ggnome.com with a reference to this post.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
nicksette

Thanks, Hopki!
Emailing now...
nicksette

Hopki, thanks for the help with the javascript issue. Touch is working fine now!

But you'll never believe it... my iPad updated overnight (thought Id turned it off) and now gyro control is not functional in Goodreader with the new version of iOS :x Nice one, Apple! :lol:
Hopki
Gnome

Make sure Motion and Orientation is turned on, the update may have switched it off.
So, Settings => Safari => Motion and Orientation
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com