finally got there.....

Q&A about the latest versions
360Texas

Thanks for that show and tell.

Great application, maps, hotspot arrows, Nav bar below. I like the offset button to close the clickable thumbnails and map.

One constructive comment. You might consider sharpening the panoramas a little to remove the slight softness.

Other than that.. looks great on my 24" wide screen monitor.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
stalwart

360Texas wrote:Thanks for that show and tell.

Great application, maps, hotspot arrows, Nav bar below. I like the offset button to close the clickable thumbnails and map.

One constructive comment. You might consider sharpening the panoramas a little to remove the slight softness.

Other than that.. looks great on my 24" wide screen monitor.
cheers!

I know, fine line between quality and download speed. these come out about 1mb each - could improve sharpness slightly.......

Stu
colacao

Hello ,about nav bar bellow:The corner thumbs are cut , may be because my resolution monitor:1024x768, is posible to show all thumbs with all monitor resolutions?
Great work.
ImageImage
stalwart

colacao wrote:Hello ,about nav bar bellow:The corner thumbs are cut , may be because my resolution monitor:1024x768, is posible to show all thumbs with all monitor resolutions?
Great work.
ImageImage
balls!
colacao

may be if you put 1024 instead of 1400 at this tab in the skin will posible to see correctly at > 1024 monitors?
Cheers
ImageImage
360Texas

GREAT I like the tumbnails in the upper right corner of the screen.

A lot of people around the world will be looking at your panorama set. You might put "city and country" somewhere near the Winery Sign. Helps geographically orient the visitor.

Imaging could be a tiny bit sharper.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
stalwart

360Texas wrote:GREAT I like the tumbnails in the upper right corner of the screen.

A lot of people around the world will be looking at your panorama set. You might put "city and country" somewhere near the Winery Sign. Helps geographically orient the visitor.

Imaging could be a tiny bit sharper.
hi Dave

thanks for the great feedback!

Talking of sharpening images, what standard settings do you use? All my images are 5000x2500 tifs, and I am finding it difficult to find the balance between file size and image sharpness. These settings:

are what I currently use. Get confused between tile size, image quality, frame size, render quality.......have tried all sorts of variations, but nothing seems to get them crisp......

Stu
360Texas

5000x2500 tifs are good. You can also use 4000 x 2000 TIF's
I think you will find that your pano's in the tour are probably not as sharp as the actual TIF panoramas flat image

Objective is to achieve highest quality detail sharpness and smallest over all file size.

Cube Face Size controls the quality detail sharpness
Tile Quality button controls the cube face compression as it relates to overall panorama file size.

If you are using 5000 x 2500 then your tile size is too small if you are using 900 pixel cube face sizes
If you can't get the file size down to 1 - 1.5mb then you might have to resize your panorama to 4000 x 2000 which also looks good full screen.

Rule is: Panorama width / the math function called Pi or 3.1416. So your cube face might be [5000/3.1416 =] 1592 pixels

Then in order to make the download file size suitable 1.0 to 1.5mb... suggest clicking the [Tile Quality] button and you will find

Compression %'s are 20% lots of compression ----> 100% no compression

Cube face #
0 these are around the horizon where you want the best detail quality
1 Suggest starting at compression of 70% for 0,1,2,3

4 is the sky... so you can apply more compression say 35 to 40% (rebuilt the .swf and look up at the sky or ceiling for compression artifacts or blending issues. If you see checkerboard marks then apply less compression say use 45%
5 is the ground I try using 30% value

Objective is to control the final output file size to around 1 - 1.5mb

Autorotate might also be .2 with a nice comfortable 5 second delay

Return to the Horizon is useful use possibly 2.0

And the new version of Pano2VR is 2.2beta which now has Format Flash 9/10 so it work with both versions.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
stalwart

Dave

Thanks for the advice on tiles, result redone here:

http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/winery/start.html

Stu
360Texas

YES... that is a dramatic improvement over the first set.

Thanks for using the 'Gravity' back to the horizon feature. I tried zooming IN as far as I could and the entire full screen went very pixelated, moments later.. I was automatically zooming back and leveling up on the horizon.

One more feature you might consider using is the MIN / MAX and initial viewing parameter settings
Click on Viewing Parameters for Pan Tilt and FoV. The default FoV is 70 The Field of View Zoom is Min 5 and Max 120. These values are Degrees of view on the horizon.

These are like limit switch features. Can't go farther in or out than these limit values.
Min 5.0 is full zoom IN so you only see a 5 degree angle of view on the horizon
Max 120 is full zoom OUT so you can see a 120 degree angle of view on the horizon.

Normal human vision FoV is 50 degree arch around the horizon.

To keep the visitor from seeing a Barrel distorted view I keep them from zooming OUT too far with value of 110
To keep the visitor from seeing a full pixelated view I keep them from zooming IN to far with the value of 40

Scale is default 5.....>[zoom in 40...->initial view 50.....->zoom out 110]........ default 120

Hope that helps
Dave
Visit 360texas.com