Positioning the north

Q&A about the latest versions
Trench

Hello everyone,
I'm starting to take the first steps with the software and I wanted to ask the first question. What is the use of positioning the north in the nodes? Does it serve to perfect the direction of the arrow?
I mainly use the software version 6 Pro to publish the tours in Google Street View.

Thanks in adance
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Trench,
With Street View your location data and north settings are required for hotspot placement as you should not add point hotspots using the viewer.
This is where a people get it wrong, you add hotspots when building a self hosted tour but for Street View it is different.

Imagine four panos in a box arrangement on a map and assuming north is the top.

If all the panos have their north set then the panorama positioned bottom left would have a ghost hotspot (greyed out point hotspot) to the top (north) and to the right (east).
The panorama position top left would have ghost hotspots to the bottom (south) and to the right (east)

So in following this logic the top right would have ghost hotspots to the West and east. Then finally the bottom right pano would have ghost hotspots north and west.

All you would do now is use the auto linking or drag nodes into the viewer and use the link both ways drop area.
The active point hotspots will now be blue, when selected will turn red and should show a padlock.
The padlock indicates that the hotspot is position using the location data.
If your selected, red point hotspot does not have a padlock then the link when up on Street View may point in a different direction.

As you can probably workout if north was not set up correctly the hotspots would be in the wrong place.
This data is then transferred to Google when you upload and when processed your links will be in the correct position in Street View.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Trench

Perfect
Thank you Hopki