Missing arrows

Trench

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with image connections after posting from Pano2VR to Street View, I waited three days but I still don't see the connection arrows. A week ago I published my first tour with Pano2VR and the connecting arrows had appeared very quickly, now after the third attempt to publish for the same tour the arrows never appeared. What do you recommend? What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance
JDS360

Hi Trench,
I am watching closely for a response from Support here... I am on the fence about buying the upgrade to Pro so I can recreate the Google tours that I published with the SV App, but that have no connecting arrows because of Google's current BUG.
I did a test tour with the trial version, and it appears to have worked. However, reading your complaint, I am nervous about spending the money and then maybe finding out that the arrows still don't show up!

In my trial/experiment, the arrows showed up right away, but they were pointing all over the place. Now, after about 3-4 days, they finally do appear correctly. I am still tinkering with the compass to make them more exact.

My question for Support: Is Pano2VR Pro a good solution for getting around Google's Missing Arrows BUG?

-Jake
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jake,
When did you last try it.
The fact is once you upload your images to Google you are completely at their mercy.
Pano2VR adds the data it needs and you upload.
As long as you have added the linking correctly and added the place then you and Pano2VR has done what it needs to.

What I have seen is even though the links did not appear in Maps, they did in the mobile app.
This suggests all the data was uploaded correctly as if it was not it would not work in the mobile app either.

If you are not sure then wait until the issues with Maps is resolved, then only when you're happy purchase a key.

@Trench can you post your results here for those following this thread.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JDS360

Actually, Hopki, the tour that I created with the trial DID have connections. I was just concerned because Trench said his did not.
Oh man, I am soooo close to pulling the trigger... I really like Pano2VR, and my gut says I won't regret it.

Yes, the links are appearing in the SV app. The problem is that they're not coming through on the map.
I'm watching the SV Photogs' forum, and this seems to be the case, globally.
Many are saying, though, that if they publish outside of the SV app with another API, the links do come through. I have experimented with Panoskin this week, too (just today) but that hasn't even come into Maps yet, so I have no idea how it will look. I definitely prefer P2VR, even with a 3-4 day delay for accurate connections.

It will take some practice for me to become a hand at it, but it is not too hard to learn! I really appreciate the training videos.
Trench

I try to publish another tour on Monday hoping that Google will fix the bug soon.

Best regards
JDS360

I had taken down my test tour and republished it today, and I got everything absolutely accurate before uploading to Google. In less than an hour, the tour is on the map and the arrows work perfectly.

Pulled the trigger! Version 6 is mine. :>)
Hopki
Gnome

Good man, 8)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Trench

Unfortunately I was not so lucky, after 10 days and 3 attempts to publish in street view the arrows are still missing. Today I try the last time otherwise I will have to try another way. really weird, I bought the software just to avoid having problems with street view publishing. :(
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Trench,
Please send in your project to support@ggnome.com, include your panos and if you need to use https://send.firefox.com/
Or Wetransfer.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Trench

Hi Hopki,
Now it looks like you're working fine, it was a problem with Google's servers
soulbrother

22.Mai.2019:
Does anyone know, if there are still problems with g.map tours ??
I uploaded a tour 3 days ago and still no arrows...

Is there ANY difference in using V6 (6.0.4a) OR V6beta (6.1 beta2a) - for that kind of problem?
Does ist make any sense to try with the other version?

Any other hint?
Trench

Hi Soulbrother,
try to delete it and then republish it. sometimes it happened to me too. if it doesn't work then something is missing.
The problem However it depends on Google Street View and not on Pano2VR.

Regards :wink:
soulbrother

Just for info:
I was waiting 2 days more and - surprise - today it worked.
So it needed around 6 days to show the arrows in g.maps after uploading the tour...
Trench

To me uploading with Pano2VR I see the arrows after 30 minutes, an hour.
Hopki
Gnome

It seems to be different for each account.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com