Info text box responsive

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
edgar_ali

In my current skin I set up the map to be responsive by setting up the following parameters in the scaling block:

Now I want the info text box from the user information and the poly hotspots to be responsive...

I applied the the same parameters for the map to the text element (i.e: description) and the rectangle element (i.e.:userdatabg) however it did not work.

How can I make this text box responsive?
Last edited by edgar_ali on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
edgar_ali

Is it possible to create a responsive text box?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Yes, this can be done in two ways.
Use a scale logic block also effects text size or use a size logic block for the text box which will effect the size of the box but not the text size.
You would use the same player width logic.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
edgar_ali

Hopki:

I created a logic block for the size of the userdatabg:

And also created a logic block for the size of the text:

However it does not seem to work...

Am i doing something wrong?

Both logic blocks has the same triggers (However the variable X & Y are different though):

I'm also attaching the skin.
Attachments
test.ggsk
(108.38 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I would have used scale and this would be in the user data container, all child elements would then scale with it.
If you use a size logic block then you need to set the sizes for each element.
The attached skin uses a scaling logic block so when width is more than 800px it scales up by 2.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
test.ggsk
(108.36 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
edgar_ali

Hopki:

Thanks a lot for replying...

I've got a couple of questions:

the scale logic block, player width bigger than 800...why not use 360?..i though 360 was the size of the screen of a mobile phone..

SO instead of applying the previous rules that I was using for the map (is Mobile, player aspect ration and player width)..can I apply this same rule for the responsive map? (just player width)??

I'm having a bit of an issue:

With the template that you provided, I modified a bit the size of the text bag...I made it a bit bigger...

When I see the output in my desktop, this is what I see:

When I see the output in my phone, this is what I see:

I can scroll the description in the phone, but barely i am able to see two lines

With the template you submitted without any modification, I was having the same behaviour as the current behaviour that I have in my phone, but it was the same in the desktop and in the phone...

Is there anything that I am not doing right?

Just attached the skin with the minor modifications I did..in case you want to see it
Attachments
hopki.ggsk
(108.34 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
edgar_ali

The aforementioned behavior explained before, is it a flaw in my skin design or is it a bug as the following post is suggesting?:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13535
edgar_ali

I think I found out the reason of my issue with the scrolling text...

Let me explain:

At first when I was trying to resolve the responsiveness of the text, I had a skin designed that looks like this:

As you can see I had a really thin line for the description...

When I output the project in this conditions, I was having the issue as the photo below:

The above issue was in my desktop and my mobile....

I quickly fixed this issue by enlarging the text field of the description, as in the photo below:

What I did not realised at the time was that I was putting the description text field above the other text fields...Having said that...It was not a problem in the desktop, but it was giving me issues with the mobile application...

Then The first thing that I did was to delete the other text fields (datetime, author), because I was not using them. When I outputted the project in desktop was working fine, however it was not loading in the mobile application...

I realised then that I could not delete those text fields..So as you can see in the picture below, I relocated those text fields and leave the description field by itself..

Hope this can help anyone who is having a similar issue