Can't see the preview panorama

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

I use 16-bit tiff images when creating a virtual tour with p2VR. I didn't notice it before but now when I am resampling older tours I have noticed that I can't see preview panoramas but only black/blank image. When I convert the same images (which were with older versions of P2VR with o.k. preview) to 8-bit tiff than I can see the preview. It is a bit annoying as my workflow is now with the additional step: converting 16 bit > 8 bit .
The problem is only with the preview as when compiled then it is o.k. But I need the preview to implement the navigation hotspots.
TheRealMojoJojo

I can confirm this. Pano2vr 6 + 16 bit tiff = no preview image.
thomas
Chief Gnome

I tired to reproduce this, but for me everything looks normal... Where exactly is the preview missing? The skin on output? The preview while the panorama is loading? In the Pano2VR users interface? Can you please provide a screen shot to guide me to the right direction.
MfG, Thomas
Bostjan

Here it is the example, ... like VR excursion from year 2004 (15 years ago)
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ahhh....are you using Intel graphics cards? There is a known issue with Intel graphics cards that will be fixed with Pano2VR 6.0.3. Currently 16 bit image and cylindrical images don't show up.
MfG, Thomas
Bostjan

Same preview "black window" in P2Vr interface with any 16-bit tif image... made 20 years ago or today. When the 16-bit image is converted to 8-bit than the preview is o.k. It doesn't affect the final output but it is impossible to set the hotspots.
I use NVIDIA graphic on high end graphic stations - I have eight with various graphic NVIDIA cards.
The cylindrical was just the example of old one but it is same with equi.(s) too.
Bostjan

I did some "digging in"... PC was with installed dual graphic card and due the energy saving (mobile graphic station) set to automatic use of graphic card. The software didn't recognise the need for "the power graphic card" so it was used the low energy consumption card - intel.
I set the NVIDIA to be the forced graphic card and than it was ok. It is just a bit annoying as I need to switch the card on manually when I wan't to use p2VR.