Trigger Action at Specific Time in Video?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Everyone,

Is it at all possible to have a specific time in a video trigger an action? I know that there is the timer which can do a similar job but I am trying to take into account any buffering stalls that may happen during video play.

So basically, a video is playing and say at 35 seconds into the video an action is triggered.

I looked through the forums but couldn't find anything though I may not be using the correct search words.

Thanks all!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can add a variable track to the animation.
This allows you to change variable values as the animation plays. Use with the variable changed action and action filter you can trigger sounds, pop ups and all sorts.
I made a video for it, on this page: https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/6/p2vr-tutorials/
Look under Animation and connecting to the skin.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki,

That's great info and I appreciate you sharing. However I should have been more specific. I was referring to a pinned video's timeline :-) I will definitely be using your solution for animations though.

So how about the triggering an action in relation to a pinned video timeline? Is this possible?

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

hummmmm
The only thing I can think of is to use the seek bar element and a timer.
So add a seek bar and set it to work with your pinned media.
Then give it the action, Activated, Set Value, 5 seconds, target: Timer.

The timer should be set to manual, and one time.
Then give it a deactivate action o do what you need.

So what will happen is when the pinned video is played this will activate the seek bar which can be hidden.
This when activated will set a time value to the timer, the timer when is stops will action your action.

As the timer is being started by the seek bar, it should be quite accurate when the action will happen.
An as its using the seek bar it doe snot matter how it is started.

This does spark the need of a feature request as it would be good if the seek bar could have a "time" source. So at so many seconds or minutes do this.
But for now this should work ok.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki!

Thanks for taking the time to share all of that. I will give it a shot and see what happens and will report back.

You are quite the fountain of knowledge :-)