Syntax err reporting with these flash panoramas - Puzzel

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
360Texas

Hi,

If you would please, while using IE6 SP2 browser with the original MS java engine, visit this page and click on one of the left side panoramas. After loading please look at the bottom right corner of the browser window. I am seeing a yellow triangle ! err message. If you click it it shows this:

Line56
Char 3
Error: Syntax error
Code 0
URL: http://www.360Texas.com/virtualtours/te ... boardwalk/ name of panorama you are looking at.

The error does not appear to be fatal, however it does seem to cause the browser to hang momentarily [while the machine is doing something] and eventually frees up and you can close the window by clicking on the X button.

http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/tex ... /index.htm

Line56 of the current html page is:

Code: Select all

document.writeln('<br><b>p2q_embed_object.js is not included or it is too old! Please copy this file into your html directory.</b><br>');
The p2q_embed_object.js file is 6k 9/10/2006 6:48pm

The Beta7 release included the p2q_embed_object.js file is 6k 9/6/20066:01am

Were there any changes made to this .js file?

----------- side note
Back in October we created these Flash panoramas using the the same html template using the p2Q --- .js 9/10/2006 file

http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/tex ... burg/index.

I am not asking anyone to do any serious issue resolution. If you see any code that is missplaced.. please let me know. I have already compared both copies of the ptq_... js files and the html files and can not immediately find any differences.

Yes, I did view this page using Foxfire 1.5.x with sun java engine and it did not report any errors.

Thanks for your help
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmmm... The links don't work. Did you create the panos with beta7?
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

IE 6 did hang and here is the
Error signature
szAppName: iexplore.exe
szAppVer: 6.0.2900.2180
szModName: hungapp
szModver: 0.0.0.0. Offset 00000000

Does not tell me much other than the IE6 application hung.

The 'Boardwalk' flash panorama were created using 1.5b6. But I used html flash code from a previous project. I just copied the previous html pages and changed the flash panorama name. Also I am using the ptq_... js file from the previous project.

OH there was one item in the new html page I did change. The page background. I manually edited the html code to read a shade of brown to match the clients website color scheme. I noticed that there is some CSS code also indicating background and text treatment colors.

To expedite completion of this project I will return to pano2qtvr and use the helper FLASH generator.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, please try to regenerate it with beta7. Before beta6 I have registered a callback function so that it could be possible to control the pano with javascript. I never manged to make this work and now there are better options but I didn't noticed that this causes javascript warnings on some machines.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

On my production machine I am using Flash version 9,0,16,0 and get the yellow triangle ! (have not yet regenerated with B7 but will). I did look at same page and flash pano's with another machine using Flash version 8 and find NO Yellow ! triangle.

So this might be an issue with the version of Flash.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

@360Texas

All know that FP 9,0,16,0 - it's (_x_) version

See and update...

http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=93

pS
Kill old version with new Unistaller...
360Texas

That was strange... Yesterday I did go to Adobe Flash Player and download a NEW copy of Flash.. 9.0.16.0 that was straight from this page.

They must have updated today to 9.0.28.0 today !! And I did not have to use the uninstaller... but I downloaded the uninstaller too

YES the _28_ FIXED it. Thank you

PUZZLE SOLVED DECEMBER 3, 2006
Dave
Visit 360texas.com