Exclude a Pano/Hotspot from next/previous action button

Q&A about the latest versions
Sanny

Hi everybody,

is it possible to exclude special Hotspots (e.g. by tags or node id) from buttons with "open next panorama"- action?

Ive got two buttons:
Next Button: Source: MOUSE CLICK - Action: Open Next Panorama - URL: Next Node - View: Default View
Previous Button: Source: MOUSE CLICK - Action: Open Next Panorama - URL: Previous Node - View: Default View

The panos I want to exclude have the tag "hidden" and I guess the the logic I want to achieve would be:

"If the next pano has the tag "hidden" do not open THAT Pano. Instead, open the next pano in the tour browser that does NOT have the tag "hidden" "

Example below.
Attachments
exclude panos from next action.zip
(834.47 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The best way to do this is arrange the panos in the tour browser as the next and previous actions use the sequence in the tour browser.
Just simply drag the nodes around.
Then you can use the Tag to hide the buttons.
This does not change the hotspots, if node 1 has a hotspot to node 2, this will always be linked no matter where the node is in the tour browser.
Example:
The next button must use sequence 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 10.
You would arrange the nodes in the tour browser: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 3, 4, 8, 9.

You would then tag the nodes 3, 4, 8 and 9 so the next button is hidden.

However if there is a hotspot in node 2 going to node 3, that will still work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Sanny

Hey Hopki,

thank you for your fast help. :)

Yes, I noticed that the "next" function depends on the order in the tourbrowser. And yes, in small projects it will work very well. But what in a project with 100+ pictures? (Thinking for example of the huge Bodie-California tour, another user posted here) I will lose the oversight about all my panos in the tourbrowser if I can't sort them reasonably.

I expected there would be a possibility to do it with a "Go to URL" Button and some javascript. Similar to what happens in the background of the cloner-tag-filter.

Like: Mouseclick - Go to URL - (and then a command-combination of {$(next)} + which not contain tag "hidden")
Or the other way: {$(next)} + which contains tag "show") Or maybe even the combination of more then one tag like "tag1"+"tag2"
That way and in combination with variables you could use the same buttons for different "smaller tours" within one bigger tour

I dont speak Java, so I dont even know, whether such a combination of commands is possible. But cloner has a tag filter, so my personal logic hopes, that it will be possible in this case too. :)

Best regards,
Sanny

---

(side note 1: what if the tourbrowser offered the possiblity to sort the panos in folders? Like the finder or explorer etc.?)
(side note 2: another nice feature would be the possibility to color the layers in the skin-tree, like in photoshop for a better oversight.)