Panable Video Area?

Q&A about the latest versions
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi All!

I have a LARGE video that takes up a lot of area. When on a mobile device, the video takes up so much room that you cannot drag around the scene unless you set the video to "permeable" in the advanced settings....however, if you set it to permeable then you can no longer click on the video for pause or play.

Is there a way around this aside from creating a pause/play button?

Thanks!!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Why not change its size?
You can use a size or scale logic block: player width, <, 1024px, scale 0.8/0.8 as an example.

If you want multiple sizes then the logic is:

Expression one:
player width, =<, 1024px, AND
player width, >, 800px, scale 0.8/0.8

Expression two:
player width, =<, 800px, scale 0.5/0.5

So the above is saying is the player width (view port) equal to and lass than 1024px and more than 800px (So 801), then scale to 0.8
The second is saying is the player width equal to and less then 800px then scale to 0.5

You need to order the expressions so the conditions are met in order otherwise you may get an expression trigger to soon.
Example:

Expression one:
player width, <, 1024px, scale 0.8/0.8

Expression two:
player width, <, 800px, scale 0.5/0.5

Looking at the above, if opened on a 500px width screen will switch to 0.8 as the first expression just says if teh screen width is less that 1024px scale to 0.8 which it is.
So it does not get to expression two.

Please see this document: LINK.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki,

This is a pinned video so scaling isn't an option unfortunately :-) Thanks for the info though.

Is it not possible to allow panning control on top of a video? If I am not being clear about what I am trying to accomplish please let me know. I somethings have a tendency to be a little vaugue with my explanations.

Thanks for your hrlp Hopki!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
ok, then no.
Th only thing I can think of is using a hotspot with a video element using 3D distortion.
Then you can do the logic block tricks.
Add a video element as a child element to a hotspot template.
In the templates properties select 3D distortion, the video will be pinned to the pano but with all the advantages of being a skin element.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki,

The video IS actually a hotspot element with 3d distortion. Let me try to rephrase my question to hopefully clarify :-)

I want to be able to click-hold the video or any hotspot and still be able to pan and tilt the panorama while I am holding the click. I remember coming across the same issue back in the day while using Flashificator. In that situation all I needed to do was tick off a setting to allow for this.

I was hoping that Pano2VR had the same capability since it was such an easy resolution with FFC.

Thoughts?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is a pinned video so scaling isn't an option unfortunately :-) Thanks for the info though.
If its a point hotspot with 3D distortion then it is :-)

Ok, moving on, you can set the video element to permeable, this sets it so it is not an active element in the skin.
Does mean you can not interact with it, if you need to then you need to add buttons to address the video element.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
TheRealMojoJojo

Hi Hopki,

I was referring to the video not being "scalable" due to the fact that if the video were scaled independently of the panorama, then it would break the visual alignments of the video to panorama for the live pano spot.......so the images wouldn't match up if it were scaled by itself.
Ok, moving on, you can set the video element to permeable, this sets it so it is not an active element in the skin. Does mean you can not interact with it, if you need to then you need to add buttons to address the video element.
That's what I said in my first post. Seems we have come full circle :D
unless you set the video to "permeable" in the advanced settings....however, if you set it to permeable then you can no longer click on the video for pause or play. Is there a way around this aside from creating a pause/play button?
I think that having the option to make a dead spot dragable is a no brainer. The person on the front end doesn't always understand that the reason they cannot pan or tilt is because they are attempting to drag a dead spot and all they really have to do is drag from outside the invisible container.