Pano2VR 6.0.0 ignores the folder and output filenames presettings by .ggpkg package output

Q&A about the latest versions
Dirk Schenk

Hello,
i have predefined an output folder and filename in the HTML configuration pane in the HTML5 output module to output an .ggpkg package file.
But if i want to create/output the package, Pano2VR suggest me the project name and the root folder of the project. I would expect, that it suggest me the predefined folder and filename, as it works in the other output configurations.

regards
Dirk
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dirk,
As far as I remember the XML has to be pano.xml, this is what the plugin is looking for.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Dirk Schenk

Hello,
the pano.xml is the standard setting for the xml file and is configured under the Advanced pane.
I always changed that setting to ggpkg/$n.xml and this works as expected.
But the output file for the .ggpkg file, that is configured under the HTML pane, that i had always configured to ggpkg/$n.ggpkg will not works as expected. It always suggests me the filename of the whole project and want to output it in the root folder of the project instead of the ggpkg folder. I can change the filename and folder manualy but that is not very convenient because want to make a template for future use.

regards
Dirk
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dirk,
Can you list your steps to build your package and the setting you change.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
mbb

Any relation to this file naming previous issue I posted about last month that you were going to "look into" but did not post any response on?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11040&p=55009#p55009
Dirk Schenk

Hello,
yes it's the same behaviour mbb describes in the linked thread, but i'm using the Mac version of Pano2VR.

regards
Dirk
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dirk,
Steps to reproduce your issue.
I take it all your settings are at default including the folder name and file name settings as found under Settings/Preferences.
You add an HTML5 output.
Change teh output name from output to whatever, example: wordpress.
You select the HTML tab and select the ggpkg.ggt.
You then change the file name, say to wordpress/package.ggpkg.
On output, the package will be in the wordpress folder with the file name package.ggpkg.
But you're saying it's not like this and the names are diffrent.

Can you list your steps to reprodice your issue,

But...
If you use the Genarate Garden Gnome Package button it will use the project (.p2vr) file name.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Dirk Schenk

Hello Hopki,
your last hint was the solution.
I always used the "Generate Garden Gnome Package" button. I don't had the idea to use the "normal" create output button ...
If i use the "normal" button it works as expected.

Thanks for the hint.

regards
Dirk