Street View Interface with a lot of panoramas is a huge problem

chillicrab

Hi all,

I am working with a project with 2'561 panoramas from a ships voyage in Norway. I am using version 6.0 Pro.

I wanted to upload the project to Street View. First it went fine but after uploading about 800 panos Pano2VR crashed. In the Street View Browser I saw a lot of single panos. When I retried the upload Pano2VR said it would upload 2'561 panoramas. So obviously Pano2VR did not realize it uploaded already 800 panos. I had first to delete the 800 panos. Why does Pano2VR not upload large projects in chunks of say 100 panos ? It would help me if the Street View window would have the "Current Panorama" changed to "Selected Panoramas" so allowing me to upload more than one pano.

But how do you delete 800 panos on Street View. I selected the 800 panos in the Street View Browser and pressed the delete key. Pano2VR stopped after a certain time with an error message like "Server replied: Service unavailable" or "Server replied: Internal server error". Being able to really delete the first panorama I realised that none of the panos have been deleted.

So how do you delete 800 panos ? I figured out that you can delete about 40 panos with the Street View Browser with a high chance to be successful. In a program I would use a loop of deleting 40 panos till all are deleted. Why the Street View Browser does does not apply such a procedure, knowing that the Street View Interface has problems ?

So I made a manual loop in which 40 panos in a chunk were deleted until all were deleted.

But how can I upload successfully a project with 2'561 panos to Street View ? I have no idea.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please make sure you are using the latest build date: Build date: Nov 21 2018, 18:42:38
We have customers uploading large amounts at a time without problems.
What you can do is select say 50 panos in the tour browser and then click the upload button.
Once uploaded, select the next 50 or 100, then the click upload.
Please let me know how you get on.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
chillicrab

I tried it a second time to upload my panoramas. I have chosen the late morning of a Sunday hoping that the Street View interface is not too busy.

Good news: After 2.5 hours all panos have been upladed to Street View successfully.

I controlled the upload with the Task Manager. I saw that Pano2VR uses at least two types of main memory management. It started consuming main memory very fast and freeing it again. This resulted in a nice sawtooth curve with a change of almost 10 GB:
Memory_Beginning.jpg
Memory_Beginning.jpg (85.93 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
After some time it switched to a much wider sawtooth curve consuming 1 GB of main memory in about 10 seconds:
Memory_600.jpg
Memory_600.jpg (93.32 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Best regards
Fritz
chillicrab

Hi Hopki,

thank you for your answer. I actually used the Build date: Nov 21 2018, 09:18:03. My problem: If I check for updates, it says "No updates available".

Best regards
Fritz
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Fritz,
Sorry, yes 21st, but all up and good.
There are so many factors when uploading to Google, time of day, speed of your internet etc, etc,
PS moved this topic to the Street View Forum.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/