blinking between animations

Q&A about the latest versions
CKallas

As posted in an earlier thread, I am making a skin that has buttons that seamlessly plays one animation to another animation as like a guided tour of a product. I have Video 1 going for 3 seconds when you click a button. Then it stops. Then when I click the next button it plays video 2. Video 2 starts off the exact same frame as where video 1 ends. I have it so when you click it shows video 2 and hides video 1 but on the same exact frame so it should be seamless. But for some reason instead of hiding and revealing, it does like a black frame inbetween. I am guessing it is trying to load the second video or something? I dont know why, but it doesn't do this for all of the videos I have. It only does it for a few, and I dont see any difference between them... Would anyone have any ideas of why this is happening?

On a side note. Is this truly the best way to approach my objective of a guided tour with all seperate video files? Or is there someway I could render it 1 long video file and have it stop and go along the way. With only allowing the user to stop and go with buttons at certain times?

Thanks!
360Texas

Hi CKallas,

May we too see.... your URL please
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
CKallas

Sorry I cant share it with the companies product in it. I actually just got it working a minute ago! It was unloading after playing. So it would have to reload each time I clicked a button. I assumed it was something with a cache problem. I actually have all the videos for the entire scene loading right away then when you click the first button it hides them all BUT the video that is playing but keeps them loaded in cache. So I am kind of tricking it into cacheing them all at once before I even need them.

I am by no means a programmer of any nature so I just problem solve and hack at it. But it seems to be working as expected now!

Thanks I will have more questions and keep posting as need be.