Gyroscope versus finger problem

Q&A about the latest versions
WScheible

Hi to all,

If I activate the gyroscope control for mobile devices in Pano2VR 6 beta 4 with the action Start > Gyro > 1, the gyroscope works on my iPhone iOS 12. But if I use the finger to go to another position in the image, the position of the image changes after removing the finger. The image snaps back to the vertical angle of the device. The horizontal position pointed with the finger doesn't move, but the vertical one snaps back to the leveling of the iPhone.

There is a similar post, that describes the problem, but I could not find a solution in the follow-ups:
viewtopic.php?t=12794#p53333

This makes the use of the finger nearly impossible. I think, this behavior didn't happen with Pano2VR 5. What can I do? What is wrong? I can't find any solution by myself,. For me the only way at the moment is to switch the gyroscope feature of.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Wolfram
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Wolfram,
This is a bit of an odd one, personally I would have the gyro off at startup but have a button so the user can enable it if required.
The button can hide and show depending if its displayed on a Mobile device or not. The packaged V6 skins do this.
It makes no sense to me to have gyro on and for the user to then interact with it.
But that's just my opinion.
There was bug where the gyro would snap to where your finger left the screen after the inertia, so you swipe the screen it rotates and then snaps back to where your finger actually left the screen.
This has been addressed.
I will add a feature request for similar for the tilt.
But be aware if you using the cardboard output this could mess things up so the devs may reject this.

But all this said we are working on WebVR so this may all change soon anyway!
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/