Possible bug in using transitions in the skin

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi,

I am wondering if Hopki (or someone else) can verify either a work around or if this might simply be a bug?

If I set a transition (for example cross dissolve) to be used between panos everything works fine.

If I call the pano from a button or timer, within the skin, it works perfectly also. There only seems to be an issue if I call an "Open Next Pano" from a deactivate. For example when I set an "Open Next Pano" to be called in the skin on a deactivate after a mp4 movie file, the screen flashes whatever color is set in the "image download/preview field for the output" and then runs the transition. I have tried also to modify that Background color setting and alpha settings in case that had something to do with it but the results are the same.

I can create a button that a user can click within the skin which works fine, however if I try to trigger click from the that button on a deactivate, it has the same result and I get the background color screen that then transitions to the next pano.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Geoffrey
360Texas

Hi Geoffrey,

Its been a while... pls tell us which version Pano2vr are you using ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Virtualgeoffrey

Thanks
I am using the latest version 5.2.3 pro 64 bit Cocoa on an iMac Retina 5k running macOS High Sierra
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Yep see this, its a bug and will report it.
For now you can set up a timer that when active will change node.
Set it to Init amd the time to 0 seconds.
Then in the seek bar or video element set deactivate, set value to 1 second to the timer.
This works but a bit long winded.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JPeacock

Hello everyone, did we get an answer to this? I have the same problem from sounds of it. pano to non-ID'd hotspot pano transitions working, and then when I use the skin to create an action on a container that "opens next panorama", and link that same container via ID to a hotspot-ID,my transition settings don't work properly and instead the default colours flash up. Is there a way to create an action that mimics the cross-dissolve transition?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This was reported not that long ago so hopefully it will be fixed for the next beta.
But for now if you select node type URL, then type manually ht_node in the Skin-ID and leave the URL and Target blank you can then set up the Hotspot Proxy ID to a container in the skin which can have a mouse click, open next pano action.
The problem comes when the hotspot has a node and the skin element that is linked to that hotspot via Hotspot Proxy-ID also has a node.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/