Street View 'Place' does not populate or search

RobH2

I couldn't find a thread that discussed this but the 'Place:' function in Goole Street View does not populate or search for me.

I'm using P2VR 6 Beta 3. I have linked my Google account and authorized it for P2VR. I have a working and linked tour, all links with good GPS. I select my tour images and click the "Plus" icon for 'Place:' under 'Current Panorama' and get the 'Search' box. However, nothing happens. No matter what I put in the search field, the display below remains blank. I have a good connection to the internet. I don't get any warnings or crash. So, I just close it and am back to my workspace.

When could I be doing wrong or what might I not have configured correctly?
p2vr-01.jpg
p2vr-01.jpg (116.89 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have moved this topic to the correct forum.
Just to confirm using V6 you can login to your account and see panoramas in your street view browser.
The Tour map shows and everything works except the place listing.

If I type in "Baltimore" I get the same thing so this is down to Google.
If you have geo located your panoramas if you remove all the text in the search text field what does it look like?
It should show places close to the location.

In Google search "Google Place Finder", you should see PlaceID Finder | Maps JavaScript API | Google Developers.
Use this website to find your place. This should give you the Place ID, copy and paste this into Pano2VR's search box.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sndrgn

Hi@all,
this is important now for me: of four locations I can find only one. In Google Maps you can find the missing three locations easily. I don't know, who can answer this: what is the cause? How long will it take to work again? Is there a workaround?
It is a bit frightening, because - no tour - no bill - no money. And I don't want to go back to Panoskin....

I just checked it - in Panoskin all the four locations are present. I am using Pano2VR-Version: 5.2.5 pro 64bit Cocoa on a Mac

Thanks for helping, regards, Chris
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
This is a bit odd as we should be using the same API from Google!
Whats the address?
Do you have more information?
If it is sensitive e-mail to support@ggnome.com.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
sndrgn

Hi Hopki, thanks for answering soon, I didn't get a notification that you answered, but yesterday I had a look and it worked again fine. So the sweatdrops on my forehead are drying ;-)
Kind regards, Chris
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
What you can do is use Place Fine ID website.
Use this to find your place and you will see the Place ID. You can copy this and paste into Pano2VR's place search box.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
the_b

Hi Hopki,

I have the same problem and followed your suggestion. I took the Place ID from Place ID Finder and pasted it in the search box. Now the green + (puls sign) is gone and nothing more to see. Should it be like this?

I use Pano2VR 5.2.3 pro 64bit

Thanks for helping!
Bert
thomas
Chief Gnome

You need to upgrade to 5.2.5 as we changed the internal API keys. We had to disable the keys for older versions.
MfG, Thomas
the_b

Super Thomas!! Vielen Dank für den Tipp. Jetzt funktioniert wieder alles wie es soll. :-)
BG Bert