Sound not changing/playing when changing nodes

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

P2VR v.6b3 Win10

When changing from one node with background sound to another with background sound, the background sound of the second node does not play.
When changing from a node without background sound to another with sound, then the background sound of the new node will play.

Note: The sounds I added were per pano in surround mode, not on the master.

Also- looping with either mp3 or ogg files is not seamless, but this appears to be an issue caused by the formats (and playing thereof) themselves?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bradford,
Which browser/s are you using?

Test Project:
A three node project with no skin and hotspots set.
Each node has background sound, MP3.

Safari.
Opens with no sound, this is expected due to the standard Safari settings.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 20.21.01.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 20.21.01.png (45.37 KiB) Viewed 2342 times

Click Hotspot to node two and the background sound is heard. Click the Hotspot back to node one and you hear the background sound for node one.
Basically you need a mouse click on a button to start media in the opening node. Of course clicking the hotspot is the required button click.

Firefox.
Works as should.

Chrome.
Same as Safari but...
If you open and close the project many times at some point the learning feature of Chrome will then start to allow the auto play of media.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

Using Firefox (Windows 10): sound on the opening pano plays automatically. Clicking to the second pano, it's sound does not play at all.

Using Chrome (Windows 10):

opening pano sound does not play. Clicking to second pano, it's sound does not play either. Clicking back to the first pano from the second pano, then the first pano plays it's sound as it should. Then clicking from that first pano back to the second, the sound for the second pano does not play.

Clicking to a third pano that does not have sound, then back to the second pano, the second pano's sound plays as it should. Then clicking from second pano to first pano, the first pano's sound does not play.

It's all very weird and I don't see why this is happening as it is. Adding a different background sound object to each pano and having them change for each scene should be a very straight-forward thing to do.
mbb

Think I located the issue-

It's the Output->Transitions->Sounds checkbox (when checked) that is causing the problem. Unchecking it plays the sounds for each of the nodes, but if the next node has no sound then the previous node's sound does not stop.
mbb

Hopki,

Can you please verify if sound transitions (set via output settings panel) work or not please? Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bradford,
There is a bug which effects the last node and how it effects it depends if your using sound transitions.
I have already bug tracked this and this is what I have found:

With no sound transition the last nodes sound plays but does not stop when changing nodes.
With sound transition selected the last node does not play sound.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

ok thanks.

- I'm building a project right now that has about 40+ different background sounds throughout a 65+ node tour. Looks like I will have to put that aspect of tour on ice until the sound transitioning functionality is working.