Level Tile size vs. huge tiles number

Q&A about the latest versions
GIOLETS

I have read several posts about Multiresolution and a common suggestion seems to set a Level Tile Size at 512 px.
But the posts are relatively old ( 2 years is really a long time talking about hardware and technology stuff).

So I ask myself if could be still a good choice with the present tablet, smarthpone etc...
Usually I have images of 4096 px and wish to have levels of 512/1024/2048/4096, the problem that I have is that is really hard to manage about 40.000 tiles file that could be terribly slow to load on FTP expecially when you are in a test phase where is necessary to load and cancel many many times.

So I ask if someone have an opinion on the best ponderate setting in order to have small loading time on the user device and few as possible Tile files.

Many thanks to all.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have seen that if your server has GZip or similar then you can create your project, test it locally then when your ready to upload zip up the tiles folder.
You can then upload one ZIP file then extract once on the server.
I have not done this myself.
I just Googled the subject and there lots of information on it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/