Animation pauses when window not in focus

Q&A about the latest versions
cbsmail

Just wondering if this is as intended or is a bug? I would have assumed the animation would have continued to play in the background regardless of focus. Cheers
Hopki
Gnome

Hi cbsmail,
I have just tried the with Safari, Firefox and Chrome on my Mac Book.
The animation playing in the browser is always playing regardless if the browser is in focus or not.
At the moment in time I have a different browser open with an animation playing in the background, I can just see the window behind Pano2VR and typing this on top, I'll do a screen shot of this.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.28.58.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.28.58.png (387.12 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
cbsmail

Hi Hopki,

Appreciate the reply, focus may have been the incorrect term.

In Chrome and Firefox (confirmed on Windows and Android), if the user navigates to a new tab or minimises the browser whilst an animation is playing the audio continues to play in the background, but the visual animation pauses. On MS Edge it somewhat plays correctly regardless of tabs, however the same behaviour is witnessed if the browser is minimised.

Unfortunately when this happens it means the visuals are out of sync with the audio narration. To be honest I don't mind if both the audio and visuals are paused when not active, or both continue to play. It would be great if there was consistency. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Chris
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
I'll have a play and but in any case I'll write up a bug report.
Before I do can you confirm which version of Pano2VR you are using.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/