Two suggestions for upcoming release

Q&A about the latest versions
AAndersson

We're into our 104th Panorama tour right now, each consisting of 20-40 panoramas.

We've thought about two improvements we'd like to share.

1. The ability to auto blur faces on photos (not at least now with the new GDPR-regulations here in Europe this would be great).

2. The option to not export a specific panorama in to the panorama tour. We're always build two panoramas tours from the same setup, one public version and one internal version (with more nodes) for our customer. It would be great to just setup the complete panorama tour and then flag some of the nodes to not being exported when we are doing the public version.

Thank you very much for a great software!
missingman

Point two is similar to what I've asked for, namely to only export some panoramas to make sub-tours.

For example, I built a tour for a golf course and a tour for a school. Both consisting of 100+ nodes.

I had to output every golf hole as an individual tour and many of the school departments, also as individual tours. It wasn't easy and it would have been great to be able to just CNTRL/Click selected nodes and output those only.

It seems a fundamental requirement to me.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi AAndersson,
This was my solution that works now and has many advantages over just randomly selecting nodes: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12937&p=54023#p54019

@All flowing this thread.
I don't want to be negative about this so lets say you can select only the nodes you want to export in the tour browser, what do you do with the hotspots?
What should happen.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AAndersson

Hi Hopki. Thank you for taking the time to answer (and missingman too).

Your solution is almost exactly what we do today but we keep all the files from each tour in separate folders. This is to make sure we don't mess up the security aspect of our work with making on classified tour and one public. We store all data on AWS S3 today and considering how cheap storage is online these days we found that to be a better solution than controlling accessibility to two separate html files.

To answer your question: If we only select the nodes being exported we'd like the hotspots directing to the other nodes taken away automatically.

Have a great day!
missingman

Hopki wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:57 pm Hi AAndersson,
This was my solution that works now and has many advantages over just randomly selecting nodes: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12937&p=54023#p54019

@All flowing this thread.
I don't want to be negative about this so lets say you can select only the nodes you want to export in the tour browser, what do you do with the hotspots?
What should happen.
Cheers,
Hopki
What I think should happen, and I grant you it's easy to write but perhaps not easy to accomplish, is that hotspots linking to nodes that aren't in the sub-tour don't appear in the output.

There's a danger of course that the sub-tour then breaks because some nodes may not have valid incoming or outgoing links, so when the button to generate the output is clicked a warning comes up and a user had to create appropriate hotspot links. (I doubt the warning would appear much because a sub-tour would normally work just fine as a standalone tour).

The first selected node for the sub-tour could be the start node by default and maybe tags could be used to provide and easy way to filter nodes for the sub-tour(s). In my case I'd have created tags for the school such as "art", "sports", "music", "science" and then just a quick filter/export would have created the sub tour.