Default view and then reverse direction view

Q&A about the latest versions
CLeary

With Pano2vr its extremely easy to set up the default view and have the user go from node to node and they visually are processing through the tour. But when they opt to go in the reverse direction, the default view doesn't make sense. How do I show a 180 degree default view when going backwards through a tour? I can easily achieve this by uploading an duplicate panorama and changing its default view, but there has to be a more efficient way than I understand - any advice and help is greatly appreciated - many thanks!
3DV

If you use hotspots with type 'Tour Node' you can select Target: Forward or Backward.
This will set the view correctly in the next panorama, with respect to the North direction (or 0 if not set) in both panoramas.

You can use the Target of a hotspot to set a specific direction as well, just click the red/white icon next to it.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
CLeary

Thank you - that red icon for the target view was my missing bit of working knowledge! Problem solved!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Some handy Pano2VR 6.0 beta keyboard short cuts:

• command + hotspot click brings up the Target Window (MAC)
• control + hotspot click brings up the Target Window (PC)

• shift + hotspot click to unlock and lock geo tagged hotspots

• alt + hotspot click to move to next node

Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
missingman

A little comment from me is that finding how the red target worked was one of my big Pano2VR "oh yes" moments. It's now all I ever use as I always want to choose exactly what someone sees on any given hotspot.

I'd spotted forward/backward which is obviously useful, but didn't work out the target thing for a number of weeks.

Hopki, a small feature request though, could the window that pops up have the size stored for when it's open again please? The default is a bit small.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is now added as a feature request.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/