Hiding Hotspot Titles

Q&A about the latest versions
missingman

Hi all.

I want to label all of my (many) hotspots using custom titles rather than the panorama title. This works fine but I don't want all hotspots to have titles.

My titles have a background colour so when they are left blank, the background colour still shows. (See attachment). It's only small but because it has padding it's there and is slightly irritating.

If I were using panorama titles then I could set up a logic block using a tag (such as "hide") so the title wouldn't display is that tag was present. I can't do that with hotspot titles.

So is there a way to hide empty hotspot titles?

Thank you :-)
Attachments
hotspot-title.png
hotspot-title.png (193.93 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can use tags.
As an example you can tag all the panos that WILL NOT have the tooltip text box with say 'noshow'.
Then the tooltip text box can have the logic:
Mouse over parent = true AND
Tag, Not Contain, noshow.
Visible: true

So on a nodes that does have the tag "noshow" the tool tip will not display.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
missingman

Hi Hopki

I don't see how that can work but of course I may not understand what you're telling me. I can (and have) been able to have labels that are conditional on a tag like "noshow" but those tags apply to the entire panorama meaning that any hotspots pointing to it won't have a tooltip. Let me explain by an example. (Note that I'm not worried about hover effects, I want tooltips always displayed or not at all)

I have a panos shot inside a gym and one outside of it. To leave the gym I want a tooltip at the door that reads "Leave the Gym". Now it's no good giving the target panorama the title of "Leave the Gym" because when coming to that location from elsewhere it wouldn't make sense. I could call it "Outside Gym" but it's also outside other rooms.

So I'm going to be giving every hotspot a custom tooltip. For example, from inside the gym that hotspot is called "Leave the Gym" but from elsewhere the hotspot linking to that same panorama might have the tooltip "Sports Hall Lobby".

This is all fine, I can give every hotspot a custom tooltip, no problem there. The difficulty is that if I don't want a hotspot to have a tooltip then I don't want to see my tooltip background (The purple box in the image I showed).

So in summary:

1 - Every hotspot will have a custom tooltip or none at all.
2 - My tooltips have a purple background
3 - I want a way to not display that background when the hotspot tooltip is blank.

Worst case is that I always have a custom tooltip and the problem goes away, but when I have multiple hotspots in a single room they don't really need tooltips.

Thank you!

Hopki wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 pm Hi,
You can use tags.
As an example you can tag all the panos that WILL NOT have the tooltip text box with say 'noshow'.
Then the tooltip text box can have the logic:
Mouse over parent = true AND
Tag, Not Contain, noshow.
Visible: true

So on a nodes that does have the tag "noshow" the tool tip will not display.
Regards,
Hopki
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ok I misunderstood.
You would have two Hotspots templates in your skin, one with tool tips the other not.
As an example:
ht_node
ht_node_notooltip

Then in the hotspot viewer mode just add the skin ID ht_node_notooltip to those that don't have tooltips.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
missingman

Perfect, thanks. I've discovered there's always a way but I'm not good enough with the clever stuff to work it out yet :-)

Edited to add that's a brilliant and very flexible solution. Really learned something good there!