Use polygon hotspot to show info

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
nasirkhan

Is there any to use polygon hotspots to show info like the regular hotspots?

On my tour it found it would be more user friendly to have something like this.
--
Nasir Khan
http://nasirkhn.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Nasir,
Yes, add your poly hotspot. It will have an ID, Poly01.
Change this to pop01.
You then add a container in the skin and give it the actions to open and close your popup.
In the containers properties you will see Hotspot Proxy ID. Enter the Hotspots ID here: pop01.
This makes a link between the poly hotspot and the container.
When you click the poly it will activate the actions in the container.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
edgar_ali

This also sound very useful to me...one additional question:

Is it possible for the polygon hotspot to be highlighted in an specific color, when the mouse hover over it?

I'm new to this...my current situation is that when I hover over the hotspot it appears the info box but it is not highlighted in any colour, although I selected green in the color properties

Also you state the following: " You then add a container in the skin and give it the actions to open and close your popup.
In the containers properties you will see Hotspot Proxy ID. Enter the Hotspots ID here: pop01."

When I go into the skin editor and try to give it an action, I cannot find the action for opening and closing the popup. I can only see the following actions: non, pan; tilt, player settings, fulscreen, view, go to URL, trigger click, etc, but nothing mentions opening and closing???

Can you explain further how to do that action??