4 Questions 4 Observations using Skin Editor

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
markpalmos

Hello all,
I have made some progress trying to learn the in's and out's (or basics!) of Pano2VR... and I'd appreciate some help with these questions as I have watched and read a load of tutorials but would still like help with these things. Thanks!

FOUR QUESTIONS
1/ can I have the image zoom up when clicking on the hotspot and shrinking down again when clicking on the image? I cannot seem to do this because the Actions and Modifiers apply to the object being clicked, ie the hotspot icon rather than the photo/text/video overlay.... so the icon scales to size, but what i'd want is the image scaling to size when you click on the icon.

2/ can an Info pop up be positioned in relation to the Info hotspot icon, or must it be positioned in relation to the browser window?

3/ Is there a way to have a web page as an area on the pano? IE is there any way to have an html Element so one could customise pop-up Elements more creatively?

4/ if you add an image to an Element in the skin editor, it seems you cannot have a different image for a different hotspot in the same pano. It seems that all hotspot Elements of the same type will receive the same skin, ie the same everything, which includes having the same image. Similarly with videos, if I have some 16x9 videos and others that are 4x3, one cannot have two separate, independent video skins operating on the same project, or can I?

FOUR OBSERVATIONS
5/ edited

6/ it is very difficult/impossible to select element in skin editor that is below another, and then move it. One has to resize it to bigger than the object above it, then move it, then scale down again... There should be a keyboard nudge ability... arrows, shift-arrow, ctrl-arrow as in photoshop

7/ if you create an Action in the skin and you execute the action (like click on a photo to resize it), then you cannot execute it again even when the action was to open another url on another page. Even if you X to close the pop up and re-open it, you cannot execute the same action unless you refresh the page. Any reason why?

8/ After closing skin editor, saving and outputting to html5, if you want to make changes, the UNDO function does not work... Ideally, Undo should not forget what you did every time you save. There are many parameters which I do not know how to change back to what they were because they were part of a factory made preset. I cannot simply return to the preset because I have made many other modifications.

Thank you!
Mark.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mark
1) You can set an image to scale 50% and Alpha 0. Then use logic blocks to fade it in to Alpha 1 and scale 100%, both set transition speed to 0.5. You can set scale 0% but it may take to log for the popup to be visualised.

2) You can make the popup a child of the hotspot.

3) You can use a text box with an iframe to display a web page. In fact the Silhouette_v6 skin already does this if you select the skin configuration.

4) You do this by using the Skin ID in the hotspot viewer mode. Example if you have made two video popups in the skin and you named them ht_video_1 and ht_video_2, when setting the hotspot in the viewer you just type in ht_video_1 for one hotspot and ht_video_2 to the other. When published you will see the two different video hotspots in the same panorama. This works well if you have multiple ht_node hotspots but will arrows all pointing in different directions.

6) Just select the element in the tree and then select say position X then you can use teh keyboard to “nudge” it. On the Mac you can use fn+arrow to nudge by 10px at a time, can't remember what it is on the PC.

7) Not sure about this one, do you have a skin that shows this?

8) I would say this is normal with all software, example if you open a photo in Photoshop, make changes and then save, you can not undo.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
markpalmos

Hi Hopki,
Thanks for all the responses!
I am going on holiday for 2 weeks, so will not be able to dig into these issues again, but I definitely will when I return.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
I think I must just buy the software and then I won't feel so guilty bugging you so frequently ;-)

The only one I did try was to create a text box and pasted
<iframe src="http://www.lookin360.co.uk" style="border:0px #ffffff none;" name="myiFrame" scrolling="no" frameborder="1" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" height="400px" width="600px" allowfullscreen></iframe>
but that did not work...
anyhow, more later.

Speak soon,
Mark.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mark,
The website must give permission to be allowed to be displayed in an iFrame.
As an example our website does not, nor does Google but Wikipedia do.
However I think if the pano is on the same domain as the website it will.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
markpalmos

Hopki wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:19 pm The website must give permission to be allowed to be displayed in an iFrame.
As an example our website does not, nor does Google but Wikipedia do.
However I think if the pano is on the same domain as the website it will.

Aha, nice!
I will definitely be trying that out when I get back.
Cheers!
Mark.
markpalmos

Hopki wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:00 pm 1) You can set an image to scale 50% and Alpha 0. Then use logic blocks to face it in to Alpha 1 and scale 100%, both set transition speed to 0.5. You can set scale 0% but it may take to log for the popup to be visualised.
Hi Hopki,
Today I bit the bullet and bought the PRO version... and now I'm back from an amazing trip to Cuba, I will get stuck into learning this software.

I am busy trying to use the logic blocks to do this (have the image zoom up when clicking on the hotspot and shrinking down again when clicking on the image) but am struggling. I have seen a vimeo video intro to the skin editor (about 00:16 https://vimeo.com/1893116470 where there is something like this. Is there a repository/library of projects where useful things like this can be easily downloaded and studied so the user can get to understand how it was made and to customise it for themselves? It seems like it would save everyone a lot of time repeatedly explaining things like this, which I am sure are very basic to you, but are VERY difficult and confusing to me.

FOR EXAMPLE
in your instruction, is the "image scale" you mention from scaling the Image Popup from the Components Toolbox, or do I drag and drop the actual image to the skin editor? Do i first create a hotspot on the pano which would be the thing that gets clicked to initially to cause the image to scale up?
If I should be using an Image Popup component from the Components Toolbox, do I scale the image_popup container or the popup_image? Then, when I scale the image, do I use the size that is already there in properties, or do I first create a Logic Block and then adjust the size? I don't understand what you mean by using logic blocks to face it in to alpha 1(visible) and scale 100%. What is face it in?
I am sure if I could see a project that has things like this, it would be much faster than us trying to understand one another in words.

Thanks!
Mark.
markpalmos

BTW I've attached a project where I get close to what I want (by trial and error! ;) but the trouble is the animation starts when you click on the image. I want it to happen when you click on the hotspot!

tx
Mark.
Attachments
test3.p2vr
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
markpalmos

Hopki wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:00 pm 8) I would say this is normal with all software, example if you open a photo in Photoshop, make changes and then save, you can not undo.
Hi Hopki,
That is not correct... in all Adobe CS products, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, the undo remains after you save the project. If you close the application and then open it again, the history is cleared, but otherwise the history remains regardless of whether you have saved or not. This is normal behaviour IMO, as I have never seen any other software that loses the history, or the ability to undo an operation after you have saved. Even all Microsoft products, Word etc all keep the undos and after you have saved you can go undo as much as you like...
tx
Mark.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mark,
With Pano2VR V6, yes if you close the skin editor you will lose the history, but you don't need to close it.
As an example, open a project and then open the skin editor. Add a rectangle to the skin then click, File => Save, then select Tools => Generate Output.

On the Mac I would the keyboard shortcuts, Command + S (cmd+S) to save then Alternative + Command + G (alt+cmd+G).
On the PC swop Command with Control.
This will then generate the pano.
The Skin is not closed so the "undo" history is still there.

Also you can open the skin from the Tools and not from the output. This will open a blank skin but then you can select File => Open etc.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Tony

Hi Mark,
3/ Is there a way to have a web page as an area on the pano? IE is there any way to have an html Element so one could customise pop-up Elements more creatively?
Take a look at my tutorial, Styling Text with CSS and Local Fonts at https://tonyredhead.com/pano2vr/styling-with-css it should give you some insight into how you can use .html files to create a unique look for your popups.

regards,

Tony
Tony Redhead | Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +61438501002 | website: https://tonyredhead.com - https://redsquare.com | Pano2VR Tutorials: https://tonyredhead.com/pano2vr | instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tonyredhead/
markpalmos

Tony wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:37 am Take a look at my tutorial, Styling Text with CSS and Local Fonts at https://tonyredhead.com/pano2vr/styling-with-css it should give you some insight into how you can use .html files to create a unique look for your popups.
Thanks for sharing that Tony, I have bookmarked it for when I have grasped a bit more of the basics... I'm still not getting the relationship between hotspots and customising how the target of the hotspot (video/image/text) moves/looks/appears etc. Variables, Actions, Modifiers, Logic Block... what relates to what and how. Just am not getting it, and I've watched every video, read the manual...