V6b2 - Wrong Title info being uploaded

mbb

Hello,

I dragged a set of cube faces into P2VR for Google export. Put a title into the "Title" User Data field, however this is what gets uploaded (clipped screenshot as it appears in Google Streetview)-

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.38 KiB) Viewed 7307 times

I don't have that info in any of the User Data fields in the project. Why is P2VR uploading the pano with that title?

Seems there is also no way to change it after uploading?
mbb

Some more info-

the "krpano;spheretocube...." bit was in the user Data "Title" field by default upon importing the cube faces, but I removed that and put my own Title into it.

I left the "Description" field blank. Which is apparently where P2VR is getting it's title for the StreetView image (which in itself makes no sense). But since that field was blank, why was P2VR using data I removed from the Title field?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Currently we write the Userdata fields into the corresponding XMP fields and fix the EXIF data, if available. The rest is up to Google. I reported the bug about the XMP missmatch multiple times, but they still use the "description" as "title".

Did you upload the image and then changed the title?
- If so: The title/description is stored in the image itself and can not be changed later, so you need to delete the image on Street View and reupload the whole image.
- If not: Can you please send me the image as PM, so that I can have a look, and maybe find out, why the title "survived" the upload.
MfG, Thomas
mbb

Ok there is definitely some weirdness going on- here's a screen shot showing XMP data via Photoshop of one of the cube faces generated by krpano droplet. Clearly showing data in Description element, but when importing the set of cube faces into P2VR, that Description is instead put into Title field.

And that P2VR is somehow carrying over the original Description (if it is left blank). Hence why putting in a new Title but leaving Description blank still carries the old description to Google.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (175.83 KiB) Viewed 7285 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (74.5 KiB) Viewed 7285 times
thomas
Chief Gnome

This is very odd. Can you please send me the images, so that I can have a closer look?
MfG, Thomas
mbb

Have sent PM with link to download the images.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Thank you, I now found the reason. If you don't set a title (=the title is empty), the old one is left in the image meta.
I will change this with the next beta, so that you can also remove the title.
MfG, Thomas
ag25

Is this still a known issue?

I've got a tour with 100 panos and none of the Titles seem to upload.
Google appears to be using the "Description" field under user data as the name of the pano, instead of the "Title" field.

Should I assume the only way to fix this is to swap the two?
ag25

Sorry to bump this, but can I get someone's input on this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
To confirm Google uses the Description for the image title.
The title is the title of the project, example: https://goo.gl/maps/34XNNVrxTWB2

Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 21.00.40.png
Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 21.00.40.png (28.95 KiB) Viewed 6570 times

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/