dynamically set target panorama url, using combined variables

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
LichtUndSchatten

searching the forum lead to some interesting examples, but i could not find a solution for my task.

i try to build a configurator for a room. lets assume i have one room-panorama, but with different colors/textures on the floor and the wall.
so i have 3 types of floor and 3 types of wall. i finally have 9 panoramas, all rendered out of 3D-software.

now, i try to create a skin in pano2vr that has 3 buttons for the color of the floor and 3 buttons for the color of the wall. and i have 2 variables. $varfloor and $varwall.

on klicking button 2 of the wall-menu, the variable $varwall changes to '2'. ($varfloor is still in default '1'.) on release, i want to use the action 'Open Next Panorama' to load the correct pano. so i try to use the 2 variables to create the target URL. i tried different ways to get the variables working in the field for the URL.

i.e.:
$varfloor$varwall
{$varfloor}{$varwall}
{$varfloor$varwall}

the titles of the panos are set accordingly, but none works. only the plain {node2} works. i know i can use the title of a pano as URL, but when i switch to expert mode, i see that it gets on the fly replaced by the according '{node2}'.

maybe thats the dead end for my aproach? if someone can point me to a solution or a better way to solve this task, i would be very happy to get some feedback.

i think the dynamic use of variables is needed, because i want to increase the complexity of the configurator and might have hundreds of panos to work with. at least thats the plan.
LichtUndSchatten

i could not figure out how to do it or if its possible at all. i wonder if my post was confusing or dense and thats the reason why i got no response yet?

now i go with it that way: i create a menu for each pano and have it hidden by default, then i use a logic block that changes the visibility of the menu. i trigger a tag, each pano is tagged unique. its a lot of work. once the number of combinations is high, its a pain. but it works. so, im still looking for better ideas. thanks for any hint.

Best regards,

Steel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Steel,
I have moved this topic to the skins forum as it asking questions about skins rather than you posting a useable skin for others to use.
You could have your 6 buttons and a "display option" button.
Well actually 9 display options buttons stacked on top of each other each that will open the correct panorama.
Using say true/false logic blocks you can then swop out the display option buttons so your left with the one that will open the pano you want.
Example:

Floor:
Reg, Green, Blue
Wall:
Reg, Green, Blue

You can then have the variables:
FR = false
FG = false
FB = false
WR = false
WG = false
WB = false

Then you would have the 9 display option buttons all set with visible deselected but with the logic:

FR AND WR = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with red floor and red wall
FG AND WR = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with green floor and red wall
FB AND WR = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with blue floor and red wall

FR AND WG = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with red floor and green wall
FG AND WG = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with green floor and green wall
FB AND WG = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with blue floor and green wall

FR AND WB = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with red floor and blue wall
FG AND WB = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with green floor and blue wall
FB AND WB = true, Visible true - Action to open pano with blue floor and blue wall

You can also have a reset button that resets all the variables back to all false.

You can also look at using the logic blocks to only show the display option button when both Floor and Wall has been selected.
So when you click reset it will hide, you then make a selection that it will show.
You could use another variable to do this Floor and Wall, when both set to true show the button.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
LichtUndSchatten

Hi Hopki,

at first, i am sorry for posting in the wrong category. thank you for moving.

the solution you show is handy to creat, but in dont like the idea of using a 2-click-solution. it would be nice if the user can switch every element in the configuration with one klick. so i had the idea of a very short timer, that lets say every .5 second checks the variables and then loads the right pano. but then i need to block the reload of the actual pano while no change happens. i will play around with that idea, and if i come up with a good solution, i will let you know and share my solution.

thank you for your idea and help!

best regards,
Steel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Steel,
So how would the the interface work?
I was assuming that you first selected the colour of the Floor, then selected the colour of the wall.
Then click the show button showing results of the selection.

But this can also be done with first selecting the Floor, then open the pano when you select the wall.
Think about it, if you select a Floor colour then the selection buttons get replaced with a new set of selection buttons that will open the correct pano.

Example, if you select the RED floor first this changes the variable to replace the selection buttons from Floor to Wall but will show all possible combinations of Walls with a RED floor.

The wall buttons RED, GREEN, BLUE:
The RED button will open pano with RED Floor and RED wall.
The GREEN button will open with RED floor and GREEN wall and so on.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
LichtUndSchatten

Hello Hopki,
it took some time, caused by other projects. but now i have this demo to show how it works for me so far:
https://lichtundschatten-3d.de/raum-kon ... -360-grad/
since it is a small amount of options, it is easy to create. but when i think about a configurator with more dimensions (lets ad 10 options for the floor, 10 different sofas and so on...) it seems to be very hard to manually set up the skin, and udpate it when new options need to added. thats why i had the idea of using combinations of variables to automatically find the right target panorama.

Best Regards,
Steel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Steel,
So...
How would you want the viewer to select such options.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
LichtUndSchatten

Hello Hopki,

just the same way like in the demo on our site. but propably smaller icons. and an extra bar of options for every new element (like wallcolor etc.)
important from my point of view is the immediate change of the actual pano, when one option is changed by the user.

we are working on an other scene to make use of more options, ill show up with new ideas when it is ready.

best regards,

Steel
VBad