Possible to use custom node images?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
mbb

I would like to modify the default "node images" generated by Pano2VR, which it uses for hotspot previews, thumbnail cloners etc.

Problem is that if I make changes to them after they are generated, they just get overwritten again by Pano2VR default generated previews.

Is it possible to use customized preview images within the skin framework (programmatically)?
360Texas

Just guessing here: While the skin is open, are you saving your skin with the node image component top left FILE SAVE AS to the "User Defined" Skin folder ? Might need to change the path to be located:

You can click the blue folder icon to the right of the Output SKIN field to change the folder path
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\GardenGnomeSoftware\SkinComponents\User Defined
Then generate the /output .

And not to the default path going to the "Built-in" Skin Components .
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\GardenGnomeSoftware\SkinComponents\Built-in
Then be sure to save the project .p2vr and now the project will reuse your skin in the user defined folder
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
mbb

No I am not referring to the skin elements, I am referring to the "node images" that are generated by Pano2VR and saved in output/images/preview_nodeimage_01.png, preview_nodeimage_02.png, thumbnail_nodeimage_01.png etc

These are the files I wish to modify, but Pano2VR overwrites these with newly generated ones every time the tour is rebuilt.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
How are you editing them.
I opened them in Photoshop and edited and saved.
They have not been over written.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

I am opening the files in photoshop and editing them. As soon as I make changes to the skin and rebuild the tour all the node previews get overwritten again.
mbb

Ok- so apparently they get over written if I crop them. Which is exactly what I was doing, as I wanted square previews instead of the rectangular ones that Pano2VR was creating.

I have seen now that changing the aspect ratio of the "node image" element in the skin will do what I need. This was not intuitive because the grey-scale placeholder image used for the "node image" skin element shows it being "stretched" which is what I thought it was doing to the images so I did not see that as an option.

Glad to have figured this out.. Perhaps a change in that placeholder preview would be in order? In addition to more detailed documentation, as the "cropping" or FOV functionality of this element is not mentioned?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (48.32 KiB) Viewed 3328 times