Audio distortion on iOS

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
MPW

Hello, I´m having problems with my integrated audios.

When started on my Ipad mini (iOS 9.3.5) and an Iphone6 the audio files are very distorted. Although they are fine on PC and Android.
Because I did the recording I was able to try out different audio conversions, reduced level, mp3 in different khz, ogg, etc. Clearing the cache didn´t help a lot. And when put on a simple html-side, they are OK. So I suspect a setting or running process of my skin has an influence when it comes to iOS producs.

Does someone encounter the same problem or are there any suggestions? Thankful for any help!

These are the files put on simple html: www.show360.de/audiotest/

Here they are on the separated audio panel of my skin (less problems): www.show360.de/soundtest/
(first 2 are located external, lower 2 are within the skin)

That´s the final project with a lot of distortion. You have to navigate via the map to the upper church level, looking for "Orgel" and start the audiopanel: www.show360.de/unionskirche-idstein/

Due to journey my response could take a few days, nevertheless thank you for any idea.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Generally speaking this is down to how the audio is encoded.
I use Audacity with the MP3 plugin and don't get problems.
I also use HandBrake for my MP4 Video, I say this because we get similar questions to do with video.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MPW

Hi Hopki
actually I worked with audacity. Also tried to import the wave files into itunes to get an apple conform mp3 and some other conversion programs. Do you use standard settings in audacity to export to mp3?
So I will keep on trying some different export-settings.
Thanks for your info.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Here are my settings:

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.38.17.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 14.38.17.png (35.46 KiB) Viewed 2074 times

I have attached an MP3, test it to see if it works on your system.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
testshort192kb.mp3
(446.38 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MPW

Thank you for your settings and the file.

Unfortunately neither the setting nor a try with your audio helped me out. I still have audio-distortion on (my) iOs-devices. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Perhaps it´s the recording. Even if it´s OK on PC and Android. I plan to do a new test-recording and - if successful - will give any hint.