pop up image from hotspot position

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
oli

Hi,

I would like to pop up an image (scale from 0) from the hotspot position and not from the center of the screen. I managed to have the scale animation (from scale 0 to scale 100) but cannot make it scale from the hotspot position.
I use the ht_image and image_popup which I modified a little to have a scale animation. The problem is that I cannot retrieve the position of the hotspot which has been clicked. I want the pop up image come from the hotspot position to position itself in the center of the screen. What function or variable could I use to retrieve the actual position of the hotspot to make the pop up image come from the hotspot position when scaling from 0 to 100% ?

edit:
I tried Action (position, set element position) on mouseclick (on the ht_image) with target (image_popup) and as offset value : ($ht_image(X)(/($ht_image(Y))
but does not work...

thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Oli,
As you have seen you can not do this with the skin popup as the skin will not know where the hotspot will be at any given moment.
A pinned image can do this but its added to the pano not through the skin.
Ill run this past the developers and see what they say.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
oli

thanks Hopki,

Do you think we could check the mouse position when hotspot is clicked and then pass this position to the image which would pop up from that position?
I tried but cannot stop the image to follow the mouse position. Maybe with a variable which would check when the hotspot has been clicked and then stop the mouse position... I really don't know....
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Oli,
You could have the image popup a child of the hotspot so it shows wherever the hotspot is.
If you use a screen tint this will stop interaction with the pano until the image is closed.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
oli

thanks Hopki,

I think I will stick with the hotspot pop up image even if it does not pop up from the hotspot itself. Thanks for your help.