Images in Google Maps

frodo

Hi!
I have problem. Almost a month ago, I created a tour for a client who had a booth at an expo show. Therefore I also created a place to upload under that place the images for the tour. The upload worked perfectly and with no issues. The images appeared in Google Maps. Using those images in Google Maps the client later build an "interface" ("walkinto" like) adding hotspots and pop ups, using in the background the images from Google Maps and the streetview tour I' ve created.
Yesterday, suddenly the images were erased from Google Maps and therefore also from the tour behind the interface created by the client. Making it ven worse the images shown nw are ones from a competitor for whom we also build a tour and whose images are still online in Google Maps. I think it has to do with the close coordinates. If Google maps could not find the original link with the coordinates it uses the closest one, which are those of the competitor.
The images are still online and show up in the Pano2VR dedicated browser and in streetview as uploaded and you can see them, but as the client uses the link from google maps from where the images were erased it does not work anymore. The client also needed that when searching in Google Maps the place one can see the panoramas.

My question: why were those images rejected anderased by google maps after a few months? Yesterday I deleted thru Pano2VR the whole tour and uploaded it again. The images showed up in Maps for a few hours and were the rejected. They appear as rejected by maps in the streetview app.
I need to find an answer and explanation for my client and also a way to fix this.
Thanks for any hint and answer.
Regads, Martin
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Martin,

can you please send me a link to the photos so that I can pass them on to Google for an investigation?

You can also send me the project file (as PM), as the photo ID are stored in there as well.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have sent an email to Google but I guess it will take a while to get an answer.

You could have avoided the problem by using the photoIds to address the panoramas of the overlay, instead of the GPS coordinates. The IDs are unique so the photos behind the overlay would never change.
Maybe "walkinto" has this option?
MfG, Thomas
frodo

Thanks Thomas!
I did not the overlay. The client/agency did it inhouse.
Where can I get the ID from to use it instead of the url/link or gps coordinates as you suggested?
Anyway he needs the tour also on maps, but from there it was originally rejected. Now I've uploaded the images again under another account.
As you asked thru PM I know that the images were rejected or not approved by maps, first because after being in the place in maps, suddenly they dissappeared and on the other hand, being still in Streetview each image shows if it was rejected or approved by maps. First it showed approved and then they appeared as rejected. This using the account from the client. Lets see what happened now with our own account. This should be only a workaround, because what I need to know is, why Google rejected previously approved images.
frodo

Hi!
As feared the uploaded images were rejected by Google Maps again and therefore disappeared from Maps and from the clients site and were replaced by the images from the competitor. These for sure because they are the closest one to the original coordinates.
Anyway this should not happen if a place was assigned to the images. I prefer a black screen.
Can anybody tell me why images approved by maps were rejected later by maps? What could be the reason?
Regards!!
thomas
Chief Gnome

As yesterday was the 4th of July nobody of my contacts was in the Google office. Maybe today we have better luck. If you use the share link for the embed it should alway point to the correct panorama, no matter what other panoramas are at this spot.
They may even work if they are rejected from maps.
Screenshot 2017-07-05 10.11.22.png
Screenshot 2017-07-05 10.11.22.png (25.17 KiB) Viewed 19806 times
MfG, Thomas
frodo

Hi!
I couldn't do what you suggesed, because all images figured as not actualy online under the given account. Told me by placing the mouse over the plug image which appeared with and exclamation mark. Therefore the screen icon doesn't even exist.
Now I'm uploading the whole tour again. This time under the clients account as originally done and wanted.
The strange thing is that the images are supposed to be still online, because I can navigte the whole tour on my phone thru the Streetview App.
I will keep in touch and updating what happens, therefore any hint would be welcome.
360Texas

July 4, 2017 Independence Day is a US Federal Holiday. Yes, today better day
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
frodo

Update!
After about 8 to 10 hours the uploaded images start to be rejected from Google Maps. I could follow this online refreshing the page and each time the number of uploaded images fell.
I checked this opening the account thru Pano2VR. Checking the uploaded images thru the browser they appear as uploaded, which they actually are on streetview but not anymore on Maps.
A simple and very rough workaround is, when the images start to fall I delete the online tour and upload it again. They get approved almost immediately and are online in Maps, until after 8/10 hours where they start to be rejected and disappear from maps.
One time I could upload the whole tour again without deleting the online one. (?)
Now opening the Street View Browser in Pano2VR shows 2 tours one connected and the other one without any connections between the images.

I will have to do so, until I could find out what is happening that makes the images being rejected.

Regards!