Multi-Level Navigation Menus

Q&A about the latest versions
HFlouch

I've used other pano software before but am new to GG and I'm struggling to find a few answers. I'd be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

I have a tour with groups of panos that I want to be able to access on a multilevel navigation menu. I can't see a way to do that on the existing tools out of the box without some sort of customisation.

From what I can work out, I need to tag the groups with a common tag and then possibly do something with nodes and/or actions? Ideally I'd like to be able to create a multi-level navigation menu using the text-based dropdown menu this time, but at other times I might prefer a thumbnail based option

From all my searching it seems like this feature can be made and I'm sure it's not hard with the right guidance, but I haven't been able to find a video or text-basde how to on it. The video on the new skin editor was easy to follow in how to build a slider, but I can't see one that addresses my needs.

Reeelleeeee grateful for any help.
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
Have a look at this forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8089
This should give you some pointers on how to do this.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HFlouch

I've had a look at that. I'm not sure it's quite what I'm after. I'm looking for something more along the lines of that used in this tour - http://virtualtour.tlu.ee/. Doesn't have to be as fancy, but just do the job. I'm surprised that it's so hard to do something that should surely be a basic function, no. Or am I just spoilt?
IronWagen

That one is made with Pano2VR so it seems very possible :wink:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The drop down menu can do this.
You just need to tag your input images and then use buttons to set the value of the cloner element in the menu to sort the locations in the menu.
Please see attached working example.
The panos have tags, Groupone, Grouptwo etc.
Then the rectangle which I'm using as buttons set the tag to the cloner, this is down by using a set vale action.
You can arrange the group selection as buttons to one side or even have two drop down menus side by side, the first setting the value of the group the second opening the individual pano of that group.

But just having separate buttons would be very easy to do.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
dropdown_menu.zip
(1014.75 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HFlouch

Thank you Hopki. That's looking like I'm getting closer. I'll have a play and see if I can make it work.