Questions Moderating

EWolff

Hi there,

Good job so far on implementing the GSV-export! The blurring function is also perfect!

I have a few questions regarding moderation, I'm using the Pro version.

- do I need to setup the GPS location on the map for panoramas that have been shot inside the building? Or only on the outdoor panorama's?
- when moderating, I make the connections using the link function in the Map (shown in the tutorial from Hopki). Then I check it, to see if it's correct. If the position of the hotspot is not correct, I can drag the location of the panorama in the map, and the corresponding hotspot in the window moves as well, which is exactly the way I expect. But...., I can also uncheck the autoplace checkbox of the hotspot and drag it to the correct place, but then, the markers in the map windows isn't moved allong. What is the correct way for moderating it?
- moderating must be done for both ways? So from pano-1 to pano-2, and from pano-2 to pano-1? These are not linked?

Looking forward to your answer, if you need more clarification, please let me know,

Kind Regards,

Erwin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erwin,
Yes all panoramas need location data before you upload to Google.
As Google uses the location data and heading to place hotspots you should not unlock and move the point hotspot in the viewer.
You should see a warning for this before you you try and upload to Google if you have moved the hotspots.

I have uploaded tours that start with the first node only linking to node two, then node two linking back to node one and then node three.
Never not linked both ways mid way through a tour.
But that said Google does link panos to others even if you have not linked them.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
EWolff

Hi Hopki,

Okidoki, thanks for the explanation about the moderating proces. All clear to me.

Would it be possible, as a feature request, to add the possibility to move/adjust/scale the markers in the map? This is because I should not unlock the hotspots, so when aligning the constellation, you should move the marker in the map to get the right location (and adjust the north-point in the viewer).
The problem then is, that when you have set the location data correct, there could be a lot of markers in a tiny location on the map. For example, currently I'm moderating a tour of 122 inside pano's in a building.... This results into a lot markers in a small place.... It would be great to scale the constallation up during moderation, and then, when moderating is done, scale it down to the correct size so it fits into the building. Maybe an idea?

About the "Google" linking to other pano's, yeah I know that, it's called the "jumping-through-wall-bug" :(.

Kind Regards,

Erwin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erwin,
You can "tag" panoramas and then filter in the tour browser.
Example if you a multi level property you can tag all ground floor and first floor etc.
Then filter for ground floor. You will only see the ground floor panos in the tour browser and tour map.
Please see this page.
Your looking for Adding Tags and Filtering Images with Tags in the Tour Browser.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
EWolff

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for you answer, yes tagging will make it easier to select and navigate through the pano's, I'm fimiliar with the tags, using it already.

But, the problem remains, I mean, moderating 122 pano's inside a small buidling where each pano must be GPS-located in the Map will be quitte hard to do. It would be easier if I could zoom more, or, make the constellation bigger and make it smaller when moderating is done.

Looking for your answer,
Kind Regards,
Erwin
EWolff

Hi Hopki,

Currently I'm moderating the tour where I was talking about, to give you an impression, below is a small screendump of the map:
gsv.jpg
gsv.jpg (61.92 KiB) Viewed 24870 times
My problem is, I have inside this building 122 pano's,
in order to adjust the constallation, you must drag the pano/marker on the map to set the correct location, so that the "walk-through" is correct. You tolded me that I must leave the hotspot locked, so if I want to adjust the hotspot location, I have the drag it on the map and adjust north in the viewer.
The problem is:
- I can't zoom in anymore, so adjusting the marker on the map results in a big change of the hotspot in the viewer. Finding this way the correct location of the hotspot where the walkthrough is correct is quitte hard.....

So, it would be helpfull to have the possibility of:
- zoom in more
- or, expand the constellation, and before uploading it, shrink it, so it fits into a building (I used to done it before like this with the Google Streetview Editor).

Looking for your answer,
Kind Regards,

Erwin
Peter Stephens

I am in the process of editing my first Google business tour with Pano2VR. As Erwin said, it would be great if we could zoom in more on the map please !!

I'm putting all my faith in Pano2VR for publishing Google projects, I've used this software for many years for my bespoke tours and really not keen on the other options out there for Google tours.
EWolff

Hi Peter,

Agree! I've been using P2VR also for a long time (since version 3), and I'm really happy with it. Personally I did a comparison for GSV export tools, but found out that the P2VR solution is the most complete around. The blurring options are great, and also the possibility to moderate offline is a big plus for me. The only thing which doesn't work for me (with big tours) is aligning the hotspot by moving the markers in the map. It would be great if we can zoom in more, or, let us drag the hotspot in the viewer and that the marker is moved along in the maps. Dragging the hotspot in the viewer would be the best solution I think, moderating would than be done within a couple of clicks. (Drag the hotspot, check the walk through, adjust north if necessary and so on)

Kind Regards,

Erwin
soulbrother

+1
the max. zoom should be a bit deeper!

A screenshot of my current projekt (with beta3 Pro):
scr-01.jpg
scr-01.jpg (189.91 KiB) Viewed 24807 times
Another important question, because it´s not clear to me:
when I place manual hotspots for the tour (ht_node), will those be visible in g.maps, or are only the automatic linked hotspots used??
Or
does all that linking have no effect, as google places the links exclusively and only with the gps data??
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Re Zoom level in the Tour map this is set by Google as it zooms as much as you can in Google Maps.
Re Hotspots, hotspots in Google Maps are linked to the GPS of the panorama and do not use the placed hotspots in the hotspot viewer mode, hence why they are locked. However you can Shift + Click to unlock them and move the hotspot.
However this will not change in Google as said they use the nodes location data.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Thanks Martin!

also here I remember now, that it was almost the same in the google editor:
The max. zoom was not deep enough, but when using "map view" instead of "satellite view", you can zoom in much more.

And, we are lucky, it is still the same now, inside P2VR, just switch to map instead of satellite and the max. zoom-in is perfect for handling also near distances of pano-positions.
EWolff

Hi Soulbrother,

Agree on it, that if you disable the satellite you can zoom in more. For simple, small tours it will be sufficient,
but doing the moderation on a 125 pano tour, where a lot of panos are spaced within 1m, it's quitte time consuming.

Kind Regards,

Erwin
frodo

Hi!
Reading about shooting tours in small environments and with short distances between each shot, how do you handle to get the location gps data? At the moment I have not a camera with gps, but am willing to get one if it would be usefull. I´ve done some other tests by recording a track with the phone and inserting the data in the exif data of the images, but the differences are so small that the gps did not notice it. How do you get those data.
Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi All,
Thomas will be showing our solution at the Google Street View summit tomorrow in Tokyo.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
webline

Tokyo is so far away :(

Do you have a screen coverage of the announcement by Thomas?