General Observations - oddities

RHughes

Ok so I have just loaded up my first panos to Google for a small business. The software by and large seems to work pretty well. A couple of potential bugs / oddities

1. Patching - the patching file label on the first pano I patched did not contain the normal pano number designation, ie NOT something like:- pano 1_patch_2 but actually either the wild card designation $n in the file name or master_pano 2_patch or master_patch. It seemed to be doing something odd although settled down when I uploaded a file name with the normal designation sequence to replace the oddly named patches.

2. The upload went smoothly, I uploaded 10 panos but had 11 panos appear under the business. One was an unconnected blank pano which I simply deleted. Admittedly this maybe either the software or Google doing something 'creative' which is all to frequent these days.

3. It might be a one off, but the last pano in the chain seemed to loose its alignment on opening and closing PANO2VR beta

(I should have added for 3 it loaded up in the correct orientation so I did not make a change on the map to pick a landmark whereas all the other panos I did).
Hopki
Gnome

Hi RHughes,
Patches, when you have no input image the path will be: /$d/patches/master_$n_patch.psd (my default file type is PSD)
This will create a patches folder in the projects folder.
The $n is a place holder to pick up the file name of the input image.

If your input image has the file name kitchen.jpg then it will produce a patch with the name:
master_kitchen_patch.psd.

The other thing with patches is if you patch the pano called kitchen, then remove the patch, then when you rewatch you will see the organs patch because it is still in the patches folder.
You would need to remove the patch for that pano in the patches folder to see the checkerboard again for that panorama.

Google are still "adjusting" things their end so expect the odd glitch. We have seen people upload panos and when on Google they appear as flat images, this is a Google glitch.

All panorama must contain location data as this is a requirement of Google.
I guess the pano will do as you described it it did not contain all the required information.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RHughes

Hi Hopki

I don't envy your dealings with this tool.

Yes, I understand how it normally works, sorry I should have said. In this latest beta for some reason when I created the first patch on the first pano it actually used the wild card characters, placeholder if you like, in the name, it did NOT substitute. It failed to pick up the file name which was "pano 1".

I thought the patch format you used to use was "file name_patch_blank or number.xxx depending upon the number of patches which was very logical and I could instantly find the patch I wanted.

Roy
RHughes

By this "tool" I just mean Googles API, not Pano2VR which works very well
Hopki
Gnome

Top man :D
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/