Text box alignment - anchor at the bottom

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
lveerde

When we use the placeholders, the text length inside the text box may vary.
Thus the text box height itself may be different.
If we align this variable-length textbox to the bottom of our tour, using the upper left anchor, the alignment will not be so goood for our variable-height textbox.
The solution would mbe to align the textbox to the bottom of the page, using the lower left anchor point of the text box. But I have not found a way to do that.
Is there a way to align things using the element's lower left/right corner?

For example in this tour I aligned the descriptions to the bottom - with the methods that were quite painful to do.
http://virtualtour.tlu.ee
bottomtext.png
bottomtext.png (283.55 KiB) Viewed 7560 times
Of course a possibility is to use scroll bar to keep the text box height constant. But I do not want to do this because of stylistic reasons.
Please check my recent tours at: https://www.tuur.ee/en
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This was a know bug in 5.0.x but fixed in 5.1.x.
Can you confirm which version you have.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
lveerde

Hopki wrote:Hi,
This was a know bug in 5.0.x but fixed in 5.1.x.
Can you confirm which version you have.
Regards,
Hopki
Thanks for looking into this :)
I have version 5.5.1
But I still can not find how is it possible to align the "Auto Size" textbox from the bottom of the text box. The "anchor" in the skin refers to the browser's left/top/right/bottom/middle. But I would need the "anchor" for element's left/top/right/bottom/middle...
Screenshot 2016-11-14 10.04.21.png
Screenshot 2016-11-14 10.04.21.png (103.92 KiB) Viewed 7527 times
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
The text box as to be set with Text Align Centre or Justify and Auto Size selected.
As you change the content with set value action or use a placeholder to display userdata text or hotspot title the text box will change size but stay in the centre of the screen.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
lveerde

Hopki wrote:HI,
The text box as to be set with Text Align Centre or Justify and Auto Size selected.
As you change the content with set value action or use a placeholder to display userdata text or hotspot title the text box will change size but stay in the centre of the screen.
Regards,
Hopki
Thank you for the answer. I have looked into it several times, but i guess the answer does not apply to my question :)
As this alignment problem rises in several design solutions, I have tried to create, I made a video, to illustrate my question about (variable height) text box bottom alignment. Please see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XILQU9WGJw
soulbrother

I guess, the same problem is actually on my skin.

I have textboxes (many, as I need one textbox for each individual hotspot, as I have to create multilanguage with 6 languges...).

But now let´s think about only 1 textbox, as they all should be exact copies from the first one for the layout.

My first idea was to create a image_popup inside a container plus a textbox in the same container, but it was almost the same problem.
Actually, I tried without container:

The Goal should be, to place the first text-line in the textbox exactly below the picture (the image_popup).
But, as the picture height is not constant with that responsive design, I cannot figure out, how to do that.
So, next I tried to position and anker the textbox to the bottom, but it does not work. The Textbox does not expand (auto size) from bottom to top, it does expand only from top to bottom (what is mostly needed, but not here...)

Furthermore, the scrollbar does not appear on long text :-(

See some screenshots please:
screenshot_1.jpg
screenshot_1.jpg (120.58 KiB) Viewed 7352 times
screenshot_2.jpg
screenshot_2.jpg (111.17 KiB) Viewed 7352 times
scrollbar missing:
screenshot_3.jpg
screenshot_3.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 7352 times
screenshot_4.jpg
screenshot_4.jpg (333.07 KiB) Viewed 7352 times
image_popup is "full-responsive":
screenshot_5.jpg
screenshot_5.jpg (80.6 KiB) Viewed 7352 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Please find attached a project that has one text box that depending on variable and logic block the amount of text changes.
You will see the the scroller changes depending on the amount of text in the box.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
text.zip
(12.93 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Hopki wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 pm a project that has one text box that depending on variable and logic block the amount of text changes.
Thanks Martin, but it does not solve the special needs...

I try to describe, maybee it ´s possible with a workaround, or it can be solved with a future Version of P2VR:

A textbox expands with auto-size in only one direction, that is "downwards".

What I want and I guess some other guys here need:
The textbox should be alined and anchored to the bottom and should expand (with auto-size) to the other direction, what is upwards, so that the last line of the text is always (anchored) to the bottom.
If the (short) text needs just one line, it is a very small textbox, but if the text needs more lines, the textbox expands upwards.
Ideally up to a defined maximum position. If this max. position is reached, the scroll bar should be visible...

Do you understand what I try to explain with my non native english?
;-)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
All understood, sadly the scaling anchor does not seem to be working so I have written up bug report.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

@Thomas, @Hopki:

I just need to know in a short answer, but as soon as possible:

- Will this "idea", to "expand" the textbox with auto-size from the bottom (anchored to the bottom) generally be possible?
- if yes, when ("earliest") can we hope to find that in P2VR?
- if no, is there any logical or technical reason, that I can explain to my client. In that case, we will use the "workaround" and anchor the textbox on top of the screen (above the ext.-hs-pictures, instead of below the external-hs-pictures)

Again the need:
Long Text with many lines, should be anchored and scaled from the bottom, with auto-size, to reach that the picture or panorama "above" the textbox will be overlapped only, when the text absolutely needs the space.
screenshot_6.jpg
screenshot_6.jpg (106.3 KiB) Viewed 7299 times
This should be the result of autosize (from bottom) with short text:
screenshot_6-a.jpg
screenshot_6-a.jpg (51.89 KiB) Viewed 7299 times
and the same textbox with long text:
screenshot_6-b.jpg
screenshot_6-b.jpg (60.06 KiB) Viewed 7299 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Iv looked at the status of the bug and it is assigned and is due to be fixed in 5.2 beta 1.
In your skin is it possible to have multiple text boxes?
So depending on the amount of text you can use different sized text boxes?

I know not the answer your looking for but for now I'm just trying to think of a way to help for now.
I guess if this was not possible it would not of been assigned to a developer to fix.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Hopki wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm Hi,
Iv looked at the status of the bug and it is assigned and is due to be fixed in 5.2 beta 1.
In your skin is it possible to have multiple text boxes?
So depending on the amount of text you can use different sized text boxes?

I know not the answer your looking for but for now I'm just trying to think of a way to help for now.
I guess if this was not possible it would not of been assigned to a developer to fix.
Regards,
Hopki
That sound good, let´s see with next beta, if it can solve some of those needs.

Yes, I have many textboxes, as I need to serve min. 4 languages and that is to many for using one texbox and loading the text directly from the hotspots.
This is another point: Hopfully some day there will be more fields in the hotspot-editor - to use for min. 5-6 languages.

For now, I have offered the customer, to place the text on top, and the picture below, it´s more reliable for that kind of "full-responsive overlay" (of text and picture at the same time).
The main problems of such a task:
- different picture formats (landscape, square and portrait)
- different text length

...and such should be displayed automatically "perfectly" on all devices from 320x480 to 4k
:-()

The "impossible" is easier to make... ;-)
hromain

Hello,

I'm trying to do something similar to this and was wondering if there had been any developments in being able to anchor the text box to the edge of the screen?

I want to have a text box expand from the right side and am using the Scaling logic blocks. It works fine until I enable auto size (which I need because the amount of text in each node differs and I want to avoid empty lines). Then, the anchor point seems totally lost. Smaller text boxes are pulled away from the screen edge when scaled up to 100% (almost seems like the scaling is based on the non-auto-sized text box and then the box resized afterwards?)

Thanks
mbb

I would like to see this implemented as well. As I have needed such for varying lengths of descriptions that I wish to appear in the lower left or lower right corner (or bottom in general), or having an auto expanding text box that appears *above* a hotspot so it's view isn't obscured by the users finger (like on a tablet for example).

This seems like something that could be accomplished with additional external CSS, but I have not researched it enough to see if I can find some CSS that would work to override what P2VR is doing.