Pano2VR 2.1 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just presented the new Pano2VR 2.1 beta at the PanoTools meeting in Prague.
New features are:
  • Patch tool (There is already a tutorial available for it)
  • Virtually no image size limits (the 2GB TIFF file size is the only limit)
  • Externalize images and skin (create a player with external images)
  • Javascript interface (documentation will follow when I am back)
  • RDF meta data in the SWF
  • Using new version of the Trolltech Qt 4.4 framework (should be faster)
You can download the new version as always from the Pano2VR download page.

Known issues: Qt changed the JavaScript engine so you may need to change your own HTML templates and basically remove the () at the end. For example you need to change "config.userdata.title()" to "config.userdata.title".

Enjoy!
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Wow, I really like the patch tool, very nice!

Keep it up!
hum@no.id

Patch tool (There is already a tutorial available for it)
I don't observe strong need for this... There is also suitable and quick PatchZN tool
http://www.superrune.com/technical/soft ... ocubic.php

For Pano2VR priority continue development (In my humble opinion) - this modernizing HotSpot place and some transition FX (for HS)...

sorry
gato

Oi Thomas,

I like the patch tool. I dont have to leave pano2vr. Saves time and nerves...
Thanks, ...und mach weiter so.

To hum@no.id:
SPHERICALTOCUBICTOSPHERICALCONVERSION is for windows only, lol.
Who is still working with windows only?
hum@no.id

SPHERICALTOCUBICTOSPHERICALCONVERSION is for windows only
uupss...
Who is still working with windows only?
In zip Archive simple 4 plugin files with extension *.8bf... maybe it's work on Photoshop Mac version (?)...
epoc

I just installed the 2.1 beta and I now cannot get my hotspots to work. I am linking to HTML file using code: ./file.html. Uninstalled the beta and reinstalled 2.0.2 and hotspots now work fine.

Bug??
dp.math

hum@no.id wrote:
For Pano2VR priority continue development (In my humble opinion) - this modernizing HotSpot place and some transition FX (for HS)...

sorry

I think the same too.

The only weak point of Pano2Vr , IMHO, is the lack of an transition from a view to another.
AlaskaVRTours

I too like the integrated patch tool. It speeds up the workflow by not convert to cubes and edit elsewhere.
I know that adding patches is non-destructive, but I was wondering if there was a way to 'flatten' the image.
I noticed a couple times after patching and publishing a tour that the image needed to be tweaked a bit.
It would be handy to flatten the image and export it, and work on it, and import it back in.
Currently, I need to work on both the patch, and main image, or re patch if I need to tweak the image later.

Is there a way to flatten the whole image, and export it?

Thanks.

Tom
thomas
Chief Gnome

AlaskaVRTours wrote:Is there a way to flatten the whole image, and export it?
Yes. Just click "convert" in the main window, select "Equirectangluar" as format, and check the "apply patches" option. This will give you a flattened equirectangular where the main image doesn't get remapped.
MfG, Thomas
AlaskaVRTours

Thomas,
Perfect! I must have not checked that box when I tried.
Fantastic software!
My tours look much better in Pano2VR than they did using the old java viewers!

Thanks.

Tom
thomas
Chief Gnome

epoc wrote:I just installed the 2.1 beta and I now cannot get my hotspots to work. I am linking to HTML file using code: ./file.html. Uninstalled the beta and reinstalled 2.0.2 and hotspots now work fine.

Bug??
Did you test this just locally? If so, can you try to turn off the "network access" (which will allow local file access instead). Can you please also test this online? I tested the hotspots on 3 machines and they worked fine.
MfG, Thomas
Jan_T

the patch tool makes retouching much, much easier and faster! being able to choose the size of the extracted patch is a good and useful option.
and: no more problems with memory limited ps-plugins... love it!
dp.math

Excuse me!

Am I the only man who find the new beta a little slower than previous 2:0?

Imac24, OS 10.5.4, 3Gb Ram
dp
g8dhe

Thomas, OK still having a problem with saving the Project files, as I described on the 2.02 version;

First time I open a copy of the program all goes well, I drop an image on the window, set the User details, set up details in the HTML template, save the Project (defaults to base folder of course from the image) and generate outputs, all OK. I now drop another image on the window from a different folder (file name and path details update in the 'Select Input' window), adjust the user details, amend the HTML template data, save the project, and generate the outputs - all seems OK. Then I notice that the Project file has not appeared in the 'new' base folder, instead its updated the previous projects data, despite having recorded the new base folder info in the older project file itself - not so good :-(

I guess this might be a feature but it if so it ought to give a warning at least, perhaps by throwing up the "Save As" browse window to ensure that you did intend to use original file name and folder.

One feature that seems to be missing is the ability to save a Project file while using droplets ? Is this me missing something or could it be included as an option the same as inputting User data and (you already have it on the list I think) completing HTML template data in droplets ?
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
thomas
Chief Gnome

dp.math wrote: Am I the only man who find the new beta a little slower than previous 2:0?
Imac24, OS 10.5.4, 3Gb Ram
Yeah because of a new tile handling/tile management it is a bit slower but you can increase the memory used by Pano2VR within the settings. If you set it to 1.5GB it should be almost as fast as 2.0.
MfG, Thomas