Stereo Panorama

Q&A about the latest versions
Svendus

Made a new setup this morning
The setup are with 2 Thetas vertical in Stereo and 2 128 Megapixel DSLR images one 100 Pixel offset
the CC between the THETAS are 70mm 2.76 inches

Stereo pairs only creates active hot-spots in the left eye i might have missed some settings :?:
Note: on iPhone save the panorama to your home screen and start it from there vertical and then turn it horizontal
to get it running full screen

Regards Svendus
Image Image
360Texas

Thank you for this work.

Will try looking at this project using GEAR VR today. I will be looking for stereo affect
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
malaga360VR

Thanks a lot for this tutorial , I was looking for a while to test my own ones.

I will test yours on S7 + Gear VR and will tell experience.
360Texas

What I found may find more: Oculus does not provide an adequate solution because the the stereo panorama is displayed on their SCREEN. Note that Oculus has 2 points of rotation. #1 rotates around the Oculus Room. #2 rotates about their FLAT SCREEN.

From our view point..
My thinking is at the moment there is no real stereo solution for the Gear VR head set.
Copy/Paste 1 single panorama (Not Pano2vr Output project) to the smartphone folder /OCULUS/360Photos and then use the OCULUS software.

2 rotation points
2 rotation points
oculus.jpg (224.15 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
malaga360VR

Gear VR may not have a own solution for showing virtual 3D 360 Tours BUT you can see real 360 3D single panorama or some panoramas in slideshow mode.

Just use Oculus Folder / 360Photos/ and put there a 8192px X 8192px ( Up - Down ) jpg stereo panorama.

Then look at My Photos section.

There are software like ... stphmkre that may help to align and compose final output.

I got positive results , but I must improve shooting stiching

This link shows the way he did with stereo screen capture games and use in 360Photos

http://www.headtripgames.com/blog/5/2/year

And this software for cardboard PSViewer , put me in the way about the best resolution posible and Gear VR posivilities Google + Stereospheres

Here is a link to a sample that I made , far from perfect !! , but you can test what I am talking about.

https://goo.gl/photos/pu3DteejDPcjLdWV7

360Texas wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:12 am What I found may find more: Oculus does not provide an adequate solution because the the stereo panorama is displayed on their SCREEN. Note that Oculus has 2 points of rotation. #1 rotates around the Oculus Room. #2 rotates about their FLAT SCREEN.

From our view point..
My thinking is at the moment there is no real stereo solution for the Gear VR head set.
Copy/Paste 1 single panorama (Not Pano2vr Output project) to the smartphone folder /OCULUS/360Photos and then use the OCULUS software.

oculus.jpg
Svendus

The sad thing are that Apple are some kind of deep sleeping on 360 Cardboard dreams
iOS 10.2.1 will not display full-screen automatically when triggered
You have to turn your head down the right site and then rise it up
to make the screen free from menus
when you get pain in the neck
you go for an Android Phone :mrgreen:
Image Image