Advice from experienced

Q&A about the latest versions
Svendus

stekly.milos wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:20 am Thanks for advice... But This Samyang is for APS-C or not?

Maybe I will try it later...
i think You just have to shave it

a Sigma 8 mm will do with a FD-E metabones adapter on sony a7

FD-E metabones adapter
Image Image
Svendus

Hi
We got a 10 mm 2.8 Sigma for our Sony a77
and i do not care about the tripod but tilt the camera so you nearly se the center of it
shooting 6 images around and one up
will do a perfeckt stritch in PTGui,
all right there will be a small hole in the mittle of the tripod but it is easy to remove in Pano2VR

Image Image
stekly.milos

Actually I am qiute succes, but sometimes it´s not possible to stitch it. I am trying to find the problem. In my pictures of tripod you can se the legs or screws are litle bit shifted. It´s the same on your tripod? I don´t see it. I did few tests and everything was alright. I say, I can do 20 virtual tour, 7 is OK, 7 is possible to corrected well and few of them are quite bad and it take me long to repaire it. I can do it. But sometimes some small mistake could be visible. I want it clear all. Maybe I am too strict to myself.

Thanks for help ;)

Milos
Svendus

The lens is mostly marked with a golden or red ring to mark the centreline

15 mm SIGMA
Image Image
stekly.milos

It depends on lens... I am using Samyang 14 mm f2,8. I am not using Sigma or something other 8 mm...
360Texas

You probably need to calibrate your lens/camara/pan head to determine the NPP (no parallax point). That involves a test setup procedure where your portrait mounted camera/lens is attached to your bracket - in front of 2 marker poles set about 3 meters apart. Then rotate your pan head left and right 30° each direction. IF the 2 poles remain visually in same position then you have located the NPP.

Remember the "Extend your arm out and close 1 eye and open other eye... notice your finger does move position is called parallax. I have photo's of process on my hard drive to demonstrate parallax.... while you are manually moving the camera forward/ backward and left to right. I will look for and post the procedure today. I have some photoshop editing work to do first before I post them here in forum.

I have an outside test location I use to calibrate the NPP. Just need to take a few more photos of the setup.

By the way. That gold ring on "ANY LENS 8mm or 14 mm" is usually a good position to 'START' because it is very close to the NPP. For the 14mm lens we would ask calibration be done while the camera is horizontal level at 0°- not in the +30° up or -30° down position.

What we need to do is actually find the NPP by moving 1 mm accuracy at a time. Yes, 1 mm accuracy makes a real difference later when trying to get ALL your photos to stitch properly.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Svendus

stekly.milos wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:02 pm It depends on lens... I am using Samyang 14 mm f2,8. I am not using Sigma or something other 8 mm...
14mm 2.8 samyang :?:
we have a 8mm Samyang with a Mount for Sony it has also ring it is actuarily the NPP (no parallax point)
Image Image
stekly.milos

I know how to set up nodal point, maybe my NN3 is too small. I am waiting for NN4. I will continue soon...

But thanks for all advices. I think the problem will be really in Nodal point.

Milos
stekly.milos

Svendus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 pm
stekly.milos wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:02 pm It depends on lens... I am using Samyang 14 mm f2,8. I am not using Sigma or something other 8 mm...
14mm 2.8 samyang :?:
we have a 8mm Samyang with a Mount for Sony it has also ring it is actuarily the NPP (no parallax point)
My Samyang is quite different... All for Sony is quite different ;) There is no ring... the lens is for mirrorless Sony A7, it´s more longer and without gold ring.

But I send all information to Nodal Ninja and I will see later... They already wrote me, that everything is alright. But I think 360Texas have the true... maybe some milimetre missing to right nodal point. I will wait for NN4 to do new set up.

Thanks to all.

Milos
stekly.milos

Here you can see the mistake I am talking about...
Attachments
mistake.jpg
mistake.jpg (315.68 KiB) Viewed 8869 times
360Texas

Your no parallax point might be 1 mm out of alignment.

I took our test stand images this afternoon. Edited them tonight.
Will assemble them in workflow early tomorrow (UTC -6 Central Texas time).
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Svendus

Image Image
360Texas

The NPP movie does a better description for using your NN 3

Removing the parallax: make sure the lens in exactly centered over tripod point rotation and moving the camera forward and back. .

Here is a Canon 5d Nodal Ninja R1 and a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens. Lens already centered. Forward adjustment is easy on the center track. I found my NPP exactly at 15.5mm. Once set - I will never change it.

Next step is to take your image set... and then stitch them. Verify no stitch errors. Then save the stitcher settings as a template for use on next project.
1_npp.jpg
1_npp.jpg (435.48 KiB) Viewed 8857 times

1_2nnp.jpg
1_2nnp.jpg (145.01 KiB) Viewed 8857 times
1_3nnp.jpg
1_3nnp.jpg (158 KiB) Viewed 8857 times
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Svendus

Thank You for sheering
we tested our settings this morning it was good even on a homemade rig :D

Image Image
360Texas

?? Where are your two alignment NPP poles ??

LOLLLL In Poland of course. :lol:
Dave
Visit 360texas.com