Pin & Align Video

Q&A about the latest versions
stalwart

I've bought this thread over from a FaceBook posting I did a few days ago - after a very excited Hopki jumped up and down at the info request, and posted the Tutorial link: https://ggnome.com/wiki/Pin_and_Align_Video_(Pano2VR) and Blacksmiths Yard example: https://ggnome.com/samples/pano2vr_5/blacksmith/

So, I've got a job where the client wants some "talking heads" video clips within a single panorama - a hotel lobby. So, someone on reception welcoming the viewer, a waiter asking if you'd like a drink, etc. So I have a few questions from the client of possibles / feasibility to those who have achieved this...

- is the video controllable – i.e. can it be looped / played once / controlled by a player - stop / start?
- Is there a time limit to film length?
- The potential job may have 5 – 6 people talking to camera spaced around one panorama – would this be possible?
- Could I have a looped video of say someone typing at a keyboard that, when clicked, a video “pops out” with a 2 minute “talking heads” video?
- Can a video be activated / started as the pano rotates around to point at that individual, which video then stops as the pano passes by? I wouldn't want numerous videos all playing automatically at the same time...

cheers

Stu
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stu,
is the video controllable – i.e. can it be looped / played once / controlled by a player - stop / start?
Yes you can control it with media actions.
Is there a time limit to film length?
Nope, but there is file size, iPad can only show unto 1080,
The potential job may have 5 – 6 people talking to camera spaced around one panorama – would this be possible?
Yes, set loop for each video to -1. This stops it playing on panorama open. You then need to start it with a media action.
Could I have a looped video of say someone typing at a keyboard that, when clicked, a video “pops out” with a 2 minute “talking heads” video?
Have not tried, it would depend on the z-index of the pinned video. may be you can have point hotspot over it with a transparent PNG that would pop out the video on click, but would need to test. But then if your going to popup this video then why not pop them all out.
Can a video be activated / started as the pano rotates around to point at that individual, which video then stops as the pano passes by? I wouldn't want numerous videos all playing automatically at the same time...
If we are talking pinned video then not easily. You could have a external loader that holds the pinned video. Then use a logic block that when panned to a point in the panorama it shows and loaded the video. Then when out of range hides and unloads it.
It would be a lot of work but doable I think.

I would be inclined to use popup videos rather than pinned blended video for the amount of options your looking at.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Sniperz

Is there any easier way to make the "pin & align video" in the Pano2VR 5.1 ?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just to let you know there is a feature request logged to look at the way we do this.
So its on the developers radar, no ETA's as still working on 5.1 beta.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Sniperz

Hopki wrote:Hi,
Just to let you know there is a feature request logged to look at the way we do this.
So its on the developers radar, no ETA's as still working on 5.1 beta.
Regards,
Hopki
Thanks Hopki,i am looking forward to this function.