Tutorial for popup jpeg or vidéo ?

Q&A about the latest versions
vdm

Hello, can you create a simple tutorial to explain how to link hotspot area with popup frame with jpeg, text or vidéo ?
Do you have sample for the last Object 2vr version ?
Thanks a lot. Hervé
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please see attached project.
It uses hotspot proxy ID's to open an image popup and then a video popup using a YouTube video.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
popup.zip
(972.86 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
vdm

Thanks a lot Hopki !
I look at your file. Ok...
It's ok for the creation of the Hotspot and the target but after it's difficult to understand the actions on the skin...
Is it possible to have a simple method for "dummies" ? Thanks a lot.
vdm

Hi Hopki, unfortunatly I am not able to create a new hotspot in the Hotspot Point & Polygon Hotspots. If I create a new hotspot in Hotspot Point & Polygon Hotspots I am not able to draw the hotspot or to place the target on the picture...
What is the interest of the Hotspot Point & Polygon Hotspots / Hotspots (ZONE) ?
Please can you explain clearly how to do ? :?:
Thank you very much
(do the software interface will evolve like that Pano2VR ?)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi vdm,
To add a new hotspot, point or poly.
Open the hotspot editor and select which type of hotspot you want, point or poly.
In this case point.
As soon as you click this a new hotspot will be in the list on the right.
Double click in the column to add the point hotspot for that image.
Now change the column, double click to add the hotspot, keep doing this until you have the hotspot in all the columns you require.
The Skin-ID will be blank, if you want different hotspot images on different hotspots then you need to use this, what goes in here is the ID from the skin editor of the hotspot template (point hotspots only).
Example you may have a point hotspot for information called ht_info and one for showing video, ht_video.
So back in the hotspot editor you would have in the Skin-ID for the popup for the information popup, ht_info.

Referring back to the attached project add your hotspot and change the ID in the hotspot editor to popup.
This point hotspot will now open the image popup.
Hope this has helped.

There will be Object2VR 4 which will get a complete facelift and features, this is planned for November.
This will be a paid upgrade as it will have many new features.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
vdm

Thank you Hopki for the clarification. Have a nice day. Hervé
agiphoto

I am fairly new to Object2VR, so bear with me. I have used the above sample to create an object VR wth a popup video linked to You Tube, and it works fine on my desktop computer. However, on the iPad it doesn't show the video, just the white background. This is in Safari and Chrome.
Is there something else I need to do to get the video to play on a mobile device?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can you post a link to your project ?
It should work?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
agiphoto

Here is the link to view the VR:http://agiphoto.com/agi/mustang/

Here are the project files
Attachments
mustang video test 800px.zip
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 393 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I just stated a new skin with a text box and iframe, works ok on my iPhone, go course as soon as you start to play the video the iPhone opens a new window to play the video.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
skin.ggsk
(658 Bytes) Downloaded 408 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
agiphoto

I'm sorry, like I say I'm fairly new to this. Is it possible to point me to a project folder that has a hotspot(preferably a point hotspot) that links to a You Tube video that I could download and examine? Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please find project with skin.
The project has two point hotspots.
I have put the embed code from YouTube in the title text box in the hotspot editor.

In the skin the hotspot template has the action to set the text $hs, so copies the embed code to the text box to show the video.
The hotspot template also has actions to show the close button and the text box.

The close button has the action to hide, self as well as the text box that shows the video but also set "blank" text to the text box to unload the video.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
mustang.zip
(5.06 MiB) Downloaded 441 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
agiphoto

This is perfect! Thank you very much.