how to - auto 360 YouTube / FB video presentation...?

Q&A about the latest versions
stalwart

Can I create content like this for YouTube / FB using the Animation Editor in v.5?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ro6QOqbA4

Stu
Emil_GITech

I'm not 100% about this one since I dont know how you upload 360 videos to youtube.

But I think it should be as simple as adding your equirectangular images to any video editing software and transition them as you like, then just save it out as equirectangular again.

I don't know if facebook or youtube recognises those equirectangular videos as 360s automatically tho.
Svendus

Hi for YouTube you have to use the 360 Video Metadata Tool to add meta data to the video clip before uploading
Image Image
Svendus

@ stalwart

To create Animation .mp4 HD video from a tour
are a bit time consuming and requires processor power and hard drive space

Note! if you check "Delete frame files after video creation" the files are acturly not deleted in the Windows version

Exporting 3755 .tiff images 1920x1080 - 29 GB 2,5 min Video

Windows 10 64bit PC 100% Load for several minutes se the image below.

the process are to tedious for me :mrgreen:
Last edited by Svendus on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stu,
You just need still Equirec images and Photoshop. The Theta will doc here as it has a 5K output, but of course DSLR would be better.
Open your first image with Photoshop. Then from the tool bar select Window => Timeline.
You can then select the time then add the next pano. PS lets you add transitions between images and also a sound track.
Then Export video. Once you have your MP4 you need to go to this page and download the Metadata injector.
Once done drag the video into your Facebook time line or your YouTube channel.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KCMangan

Hi Hopki

Any chance of some screen grabs of photoshop settings for this method (output size etc).
And approx duration to render videos.
My machine is freezing on output.

Thanks in advance
Hopki
Gnome

Hi KCMangan,
Iv added a zip with screen shots and the resulting video.
Im using a Mac Book Pro Mid 2012 and all good.

1.png You see me add two panos as layers, if you don't see the time line then this is selected under the Windows menu.
This creates two time lines, you can position or as I did just drag the pano from the second timeline to the first.

2.png I added a cross fade, from this window drag the fade between the clips.

3.png When your happy with your video, you can render it

4.png These are my settings, you can of course play with image size and frame rate.

The video open in pano2 and about 11 seconds into it fades into pano 1.
This is all drag and drop in Photoshop for changing the order etc.

However this does rely on the browser support YouTubes 360video so you probably better off making an animation which is a standard video and plays everywhere, almost.
My house on a sunny day.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Compressed file.zip
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KCMangan

Thanks Hopki,

I'll give it a look..

KC
KCMangan

Cheers Hopki,

That worked...Many Thanks,

but doing in PS is a bit of a hassle on PC.Kinda difficult to Fine tune.

I have the CS Suite, so Premier was my go to (using your settings), any one that needs to do similar,(set shot length to 15secs per image, 1's Fade, just make sure to output to H.264 not MP4..( MP4 has a size and profile limit.) You also have to make a welcome screen if outputting to YouTube to explain how to use the 360 functions.(if you pause the video you get to use it as a still image viewer, generally we need to explain this to the person viewing, also you have to bump the settings to as high as they will go in youtube to view the shots as sharp as possible).(I default to 720 and it looks awful,set to 1440s is the trade off before 4K

Generally not painful on a short video but it is a redesign of shots and nadirs to make it work.

Regards

K