Q&A about the latest versions
Boothy

Hi Skyfocus

Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10725

and this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10830

Boothy
skyfocus

Hi Boothy,

Thanks, I did not notice this thread, it might help me out having a quick fix for this issue. The example you posted still works on iPhone 6 ..... I'll test it tomorrow in my own tour on the Samsung S6.

Regards,

Arjan
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox
DChobanoff

ok this is WAY over my head! i just would love to know how to go from Pano to Google Cardboard? i got the cardboard output set , now when the viewer comes up its 2 images, how do i get that into cardboard?
Boothy

Hi DChoibanoff

You use your mobile devices internet browser to view pano in cardboard or equivalent VR headset after outputting pano with cardboard template and `stare` skin .

Boothy
360Texas

You wrote:
now when the viewer comes up its 2 images, how do i get that into cardboard?
Cardboard is physical device like a head mounted set of glasses. Like our Samsung Gear VR shown below. There are several other types of head mounted gear that work just as well. But the performance quality is dependent on your smartphone display screen.

Before placing the smartphone in the HMD device.. start your smartphone connect to the internet, tap your web browser, browse to where you uploaded to your server your split screen panorama. Then place the smart phone inside your cardboard box. Then start viewing your split screen panorama.

Actually this is not way above your head.... the HMD is on your head. :shock: But then you probably already knew this
example of a HMD device
example of a HMD device
gearvrpix900.jpg (74.15 KiB) Viewed 11190 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jiminlai

Hi,

I'm having problems with cardboard output. I am creating a multi node tour and I want all the hotspots to point forward or have the same target view as the previous pano, so that the user will feel like he is moving forward from one pano to the next. But it does not work properly and every node loads different view when moving between nodes. I have even tried manually setting the target views in each point hotspot and in the skin I set the hotspot target as $ht, but it does not load the target view that I set. I am using Chrome.

Is there a solution to this?

Many thanks for anyone who can help.

Jimin
Hopki
Gnome

HI Jimin,
In each panorama select and set North as found under the viewing parameters or Tour Map.
Then in the point hotspot viewer mode set $fwd for target.
That should do it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jiminlai

Hopki wrote:HI Jimin,
In each panorama select and set North as found under the viewing parameters or Tour Map.
Then in the point hotspot viewer mode set $fwd for target.
That should do it.
Regards,
Hopki
Hi Hopki,

Thanks for your reply. I have already set north for all the panos and it works on my Samsung phone browser but it still does not work on Chrome. The nodes are loading different views.

Any idea how to solve this?

Regards,
Jimin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jimin,
Can you confirm that when using the stare, lining up the hotspot with centre mark you then get your problem.
Now try with actually tapping the hotspot with your finger, do you now open with the required view?
If so then this is a bug and is in the list.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jiminlai

Hi Hopki,

It still doesn't work when I tap on the hotspot with my finger. But it works fine on desktop Chrome browser for both clicking on the hotspot and also lining up the centre mark with the hotspot.

Regards,
Jimin
MRice

Hi

We are trying to view Panoramas created in Pano2VR on the Occulus Rift. Is this possible, even if using Nightly or Chromium?

We have copied the Stare and VR ggt files and output the files, but cannot get anything vis the Oculus Rift HMD.

The example you provided also does not work? http://ggnome.com/samples/pano2vr_5/karel/

Any advice on this, or how/when we will be able to utlise the Pano2vr with this device.

Thanks

Team Circle