How do you guys display PDF documents

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JSchrader

I mean in a popup window as overlay in a tour.
Customer wants to show some more extensive information on certain items in a tour and it would be easiest if they could just deliver well designed and formatted documents as PDF.
Probably this has been asnwered before but unfortunately the search doesn't allow three letter words, and anything else didn't deliver a useful result.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is quite straight forward todo.
Download the attached project.
How it works is you need to publish the project then copy in the PDF to the output folder.
The hotspot has an iframe in the hotspot description text field.

The point hotspot sets the text to the text box to display the PDF. The close button unloads the text box on close.
You will notice the close button is anchored top right of the screen. This is because the popup us responsive so its better to pin the close button up out of the way.
If you fix the size and position of the text box then you could put it top right of it.
This would be better with a screen tint rectangle so it darkens the pano bringing the PDF more in focus.

You can if needed add a title to the hotspot and a popup text box as the iframe is in the description text field.
Regards
Hopki
Attachments
pdf.zip
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 891 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JSchrader

Whe I do as you said I only get a black rectangle outlining the space where the PDF is supposed to show up.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You need to copy in the PDF into the output folder. Open the project in Firefox to get around local browser restrictions if not using Pano2VR to open the HTML page.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
JSchrader

I did that, of course :-)))

When I don't copy the PDF there is an error message insaide the rectangle reminding me to copy the PDF.
Firefox is my standard browser.
JSchrader

Oh, and I just realized that when I click on the hotspot it downloads the PDF to my download folder ^^
So at least there is a reaction :-)
JSchrader

In Chrome it looks very good. I like the viewer. Is that browser dependent?
So how do I tell FF NOT to download a PDF but try to display it instead.
Note to self: Look at the settings, dude.
JSchrader

Blimey, I found it, and now it does what it should.
So the only issue left is that the final user has to know about this as well.
Hm ...

Thank you Martin, that at least is what I was looking for :)
Stefano

Hallo,

I've just tried this and it works fine, but just occasionally... Sometimes the pdf doesn't load and I got this message in the html console:

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/pdf: "http://localhost:1756/dhApe-rU/test.pdf"

Thank you for your help!
FunnyUncle

Hopki wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 pm Hi,
How it works is you need to publish the project then copy in the PDF to the output folder.

The point hotspot sets the text to the text box to display the PDF. The close button unloads the text box on close.
You will notice the close button is anchored top right of the screen. This is because the popup us responsive so its better to pin the close button up out of the way.
If you fix the size and position of the text box then you could put it top right of it.
This would be better with a screen tint rectangle so it darkens the pano bringing the PDF more in focus.

You can if needed add a title to the hotspot and a popup text box as the iframe is in the description text field.
Regards
Hopki
Hallo Hopki,
this is way how to put ONE PDF into the tour. Is there some way to put there more PDF dokuments? In´s not necessary to open PDF in window. Next bookmark will be ok. Do you have some advice?

Thanks,
Milos
FunnyUncle

FunnyUncle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 am
Hopki wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 pm Hi,

Regards
Hopki
Hallo Hopki,
this is way how to put ONE PDF into the tour. Is there some way to put there more PDF dokuments? In´s not necessary to open PDF in window. Next bookmark will be ok. Do you have some advice?

Thanks,
Milos
So ;) I found, how to put more PDF into the tour, but... how can I change the "green square" and "red square" to some SVG icon?

Thanks.

Milos
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Iv just given this an update.
To add the PDF using Pano2VR 6.0.1.
Go to the Advanced tab of the HTML5 output.
Use the add Assets to add the PDF file to the project.

Add the hotspot and set the Skin-ID to ht_pdf.
You

and put the path in the hotspots description text field.
Example: assets/test.pdf

If you want to change the graphics then first add then to the skin.
Position them in the same place in the tree and in the skin.
The element ht_image is the visible hotspot image you will replace.
The pdf_close button, make sure you copy all the actions and paste the into the new graphic.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
pdf.zip
(4.02 MiB) Downloaded 486 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
KRitchie

Hello, I followed the steps for the PDF hotspot, adding it to the assets. It works fine when I test it on my local chrome browser. When I upload a ggpkg to Wordpress the iframe displays "The page can’t be found."

Any idea why the ggpkg is not linking to the PDF?

Thanks

Kevin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just add $(r) before $(hd) in teh iframe:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="$(r)$(hd)" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" frameborder= "0"></iframe>
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Ulli

Hopki wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:48 pm Hi,
Iv just given this an update.
To add the PDF using Pano2VR 6.0.1.
Go to the Advanced tab of the HTML5 output.
Use the add Assets to add the PDF file to the project.

Add the hotspot and set the Skin-ID to ht_pdf.
You

and put the path in the hotspots description text field.
Example: assets/test.pdf

If you want to change the graphics then first add then to the skin.
Position them in the same place in the tree and in the skin.
The element ht_image is the visible hotspot image you will replace.
The pdf_close button, make sure you copy all the actions and paste the into the new graphic.
Regards,
Hopki
Thanks Hopki, I tried it and it works brilliant, but...

I just tried this to implement as PDF into my tour including pdf with 2 pages. It works brilliant on desktop browsers, but on mobiles it just shows the first page in a window, where you just can move around the documents first page. Is there any chance to get the same result on mobile version to have the same desktop appearance?
Or to open the PDF on mobile devices in a separate window, making it zoomable and able to download?

help very much appreciated, even if someone can solve this for me for a fee.

I would need:
Version A) a hotspot für an image (with text), which makes the image zoomable on any device (desktop and mobile)
Version B) (prefered) a pdf hotspot, which opens the PDF on all devices, making it able to zoom and able to download.

best regards

Ulli