animated hotspot with svg

Q&A about the latest versions
firey

hi all,

Hotspot is important stuff in every tour, the more it designed well, the more effect in user experience
The default hotspot is quite ugly, i must admit
The customer sometimes required branding property, u know what i mean, and some companies goes for it with a "spinning 3D logo"
That "spinning 3D logo" is good, and i created it with swift3D, message me if you want to know about it

However recently i switches to HTML5 version, and that "spinning 3D logo" (.swf file) not work anymore, and even the .gif is useless
The hotspot should be animated, and i find the only option for HTML5 is using of .svg file
I have tried the .svg file converted from swiffy.googlelabs.com and it not work
i have tried to "coded" the basic .svg with SMIL animation but it displayed not well (more specific, it, some kind of, scale wrong at the first tour, but when i go to 2nd tour, it worked well back)
I have search alot of GUI tool to create the animated .svg but can not find the good one, i not ready enough to learn code SVG completely
However, i haved download the animated version of simplex's hotspot, i see it work like a charm, but don't know how to create the one by my own
I see it created by inkscape, but the inkscape can't create animated .svg, that's all i know

So can you share the way or tool to create an animated .svg ? it would be appreciated :)
Thanks in advanced

P/S: In case you wonder what "spinning 3D logo" is, check this vtour http://wonav.com/vtour/wam/index.html
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For HTML5 you can use animated gif.
Use the external image/SWF loader pointing to the gif file.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ggibbon

Hi there

Is there a tutorial basic showing
how to do this as can't get it to work
as stated.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please find project attached. Note when you have created the output you need to copy the gif in the output folder.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
animated gif.zip
(173.3 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ggibbon

Hi Hopki

This topic has come back around to haunt me.
When creating a *.ggpk package is the external loader file (animated gif) packaged
up also?
We/ web developers are having problems with it loosing the external file
after they expand it.
Any ideas
I know you have stated to place it in the output folder which I have done and
it works fine locally.

They have written a script to unpack file for use with Umbraco
Thanks
Greg

:D