Relative Position of Elements (from bottom)

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
OWendel

Hi all,

I browsed the forum but couldn't find a solution. Maybe it*s just a carbon bug...

In my skin I want to have some elements positioned relative to the bottom of the window, so that these elements are always visible no matter of the height of the window. When I set a position in the skin editor it appears that the X and Y values are always counted from top left.

Oli
CBosch

It's me again :lol:

if you seht the anchor to one of the three bottom possibilities it will keep the position relative to the bottom. :wink:
Bildschirmfoto-2016-02-08-um-21.20.25.jpg
Bildschirmfoto-2016-02-08-um-21.20.25.jpg (438.54 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
Have a nice day

Christian
OWendel

You again... :D

As I said: carbon-based error.

I was confused because the counter for X/Y doesn't change when switching ancor.

Thanks Christian!

Oli
CBosch

The x and y is used in the "drawing" dimensioned to your specific size. The position of the item does't change if you change the anchor. The coordinates aren't those of the anchor!!
Have a nice day

Christian
OWendel

yes, that's what I learned now. Does the "canvas" size matter in the skin editor at all?

Here's a sample of my new, very, very simple skin:

http://oliver-wendel.de/stuttgart-am-abend/

I thing most people use either the mouse and scroll wheel or fingers on a touch screen, so I don*t use control bottoms any longer.

Oli
CBosch

Hi Oli,

the canvas is like a "design-help" to arrange your items in your desired base-layout. With the anchor you define where "to lock" the item if any changes are done due to size changes.

The skin depends on your "clients". For our purpose, with a large quantity of older viewers I heard often they mentioned the nice photo... for the younger generation a panorama or virtual tour is self-explaining. So I add the skin as a hint for unexperienced user. To keep the pano-window free I added a margin to the bottom and place the skin-elements there. If they tap a button the reaction is: oh, there is something moving :-).
Have a nice day

Christian