beta5 - cardboard glitches

Q&A about the latest versions
MGreen

Hi - just tried the beta5 cardboard ... 2 glitches

1. Chrome on SGS5 with Android 5.0 - file has 2 directional sounds approx 180 deg view apart - both sounds playing all the time
2. Firefox on same SGS5 - directional sounds work fine - BUT when looking above horizontal - the image flips upside down
Boothy

HI MGreen

I have the same problem with Firefox on my Galaxy Note3. Same content works fine with normal template and gyro enabled both online or locally so it may having something to do with the template.

Boothy
360Texas

G'Day MGreen and Boothy

We too need help. Otherwise we are just going to have to provide an uneducated guess.
Do you have your project on your website where others may also test ? URL please?

Was your project output HTML5 ?

Knowing only just 1 or 2 pieces of information is not enough to provide a suitable answer.
All of which is available on your smart phone O/s Settings About and browser (Chrome) found under 'Settings/ help and feedback'

Samsung GS5, Android Version 5.0.0 and Google Chrome 48.0.2564.95 RAM available ?

Learning what rebuilding and testing you personally have completed is important for us to know too.
Did you test with other browser versions ?

Biggest issue flow from the browsers inability to lack of use of WebGL

Browsers - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... /WebGL_API
WebGL (Web Graphics Library) is a JavaScript API for rendering interactive 3D and 2D graphics within any compatible web browser without the use of plug-ins. WebGL does so by introducing an API that closely conforms to OpenGL ES 2.0 that can be used in HTML5 <canvas> elements.
Read more about WebGL and browser support
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL

Thanks for your help in advance.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Boothy

Hi Dave

1.I am running android 5.0 on a Galaxy Note 3 - unlocked international version SM-N9005

2.Firefox v 44.0

3.Firefox Beta v 45.0b3

4.Online test here: http://www.spbooth.co.uk/presents/output/index.html

5.Output and project file attached to post.

6.HTML 5 output only

7.Device memory: 12GB free of 32GB, 3GB of ram on Note 3

8.Running Pano2vr 5 beta 5

I understand the issues with webGL but this does not explain why the output works fine with the normal template+gyro but not the cardboard \ previous VR template, or does it ?

Thanks

Boothy

Edit: Same effect also occurs on my Galaxy tab 8" SM-T320 running Android 4.42
Attachments
firefox_test.zip
(6.72 MiB) Downloaded 224 times
Last edited by Boothy on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGreen

howdy Dave (note localized greeting bacatcha)

I used the HTML included in beta5.

here's a link to the pano ... http://www.360street.photography/TCB/SM ... index.html

the effect is happening on my phone right now with RAM; system-456MB, apps-407MB, free-827MB
360Texas

Only you know how you set up the 2 audios. Birds and Land Rover motor sounds.
I guess you might have overlapping audio zones. Or sound fields that are too large and engage each other.

By the way, We have a 24 mbps internet connection so the panorama image downloaded instantly. The audios did not start playing until after about 2 minutes.

The viewer: select the sound icon and then drag, drop and position an .mp3 audio where needed in the panorama.

Left side audio "Properties" temporarily change the:

audio to be 'Directional Rectangular'

reduce settings to 10° for the Horizontal, Vertical and Field size.

Then we test to make sure these listening fields cover the select hearing area in the panorama.

If the audio regions need to be adjusted do so and then re-test.

I tested your project on our desktop and on my Samsung Galaxy S5 using our Wi-Fi router.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
MGreen

thanks Dave - I don't think I had overlapping sound fields ... will check for that issue ... strange re very slow load of audio ... I'm getting instant audio play ... they are integrated and being served from same file set??

Has ANYONE experienced the image inversion when looking above horizonal using the "cardboard" version in android Firefox ??
360Texas

Oh.. sorry please eliminate us from your list. We prefer only to have one browser flavor on our limited ram smart phone = Chrome.

Isn't the internet wonderful. It operates at the speed of light... only to be slowed by copper wire and slow routers.

I guess we must be at the last node on the internet but we do squeek by with 24 mbps download speed.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Boothy

Yes I am still getting the inversion in firefox with cardboard template, lets hope the gnomes fix it soon.

Boothy
Svendus

In IOS 9.1.1 Safari all the sound play at once ,in Firefox browser no sound in Chrome start the sound when You touch the screen
the scrolling info has to to be shut of one eye at a time
and the sound still plays in the background when the phone is going to black screen after
it might be lmpossible to fix this in IOS

Image Image
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
The cardboard function is quite basic, only meant for point hotspots to change nodes.
You can use hotspots with a click action to do other things but its bit clunky.
Re direction sound, this requires WebGL enabled browsers, Ill test tomorrow when I'm back in the office, I have a Nexus 9, if I can reproduce Ill report it, if not ill be back asking questions.
Regards to the gyro, it is in the bug tracker so will be looked at at some point, but my guess is the developers will want Pano2VR 5 out of beta so that can then look at issues like this in more detail.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Boothy

Hi Hopki

FYI the published panorama in Firefox for Android only seems to invert when in landscape mode and images are side by side. When in portrait you can view above the centre horizontal without the image inverting.

Thanks

Boothy
IronWagen

I have these exact same problems. Firefox flips the images in landscape above horizon and Chrome (Android) works only sometimes in portrait mode but landscape always ruins it.
My Cardboard tour works only on Iphone's Safari browser.
If I have time, I will test how the different browsers interpret the values from the phone's gyro.

My Android phones are Galaxy S4 and Xcover
WWidhi

same problem here
i try pano2vr5 trial because i want to export my virtual tour for google cardboard but find it will flips image above horizon.
hope i can be resolved asap
Boothy

Hi
For a short term fix to the `pano flipping` in Android Firefox see this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10830

Boothy