Quick Facebook Question

Q&A about the latest versions
tmansf455

Hey Guys!

I know, a Facebook post.... I do have a question about this that I can't seem to figure out.

I'm following the guide you've written up about this from here https://ggnome.com/wiki/Embedding_and_f ... Object2VR)

and it isn't working the way I thought it would. The webpage is hosting the object video perfectly fine but when linked to Facebook, just comes up with a basic link. Is it supposed to be viewable in the Facebook news feed?

I've run the debugger tool and that doesn't seem to change anything. This is a multiresolution image so it has the 3 outputs that requires according to your guide. I've tried to follow the guide many times and still can't get it to work, not sure where I'm going wrong :(

Any input would be great! Do you have a working example I can look at or a project file I can download to see how the outputs are setup?

Thanks guys, you've always been very helpful.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Object2VR Flash Fallback Player multi resolution does not work in the FaceBook page so.
So you need to produce a single resolution Flash output SWF and then the HTML5 can be multi resolution.
In the template deselect Flash fallback player and select the Flash Object Movie, the SWF.
This can be found under Tips and Notes in the Object2VR embedding document.
Hope this gets you back on track.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
tmansf455

I'm still not getting it :(

I follow every step to the letter and it won't show up. Only comes up as a basic link share on Facebook.

Run the debugger and it tells me this:

Inferred Property The 'og:url' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:title' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Has anyone had success with this recently?
tmansf455

So I did finally get it to work on Facebook and I'm very excited!

My steps to get it to show up included adding og tags to my meta description in the header. Here's my code that people can use if they can't get the object to work with the steps provided in the document. Replace your hosting information obviously.

Code: Select all

<meta property="og:type" content="video" />
   <meta property="og:title" content="360 Degree Imagery" />
   <meta property="og:description" content="Check out this cool feature!" />
   <meta property="og:image" content="/wp-content/uploads/360/PiperSocial/AirplanePreview.jpg" />
   <meta property="og:video" content="/wp-content/uploads/360/PiperSocial/Piper.swf" />
   <meta property="og:video:width" content="360" />
   <meta property="og:video:height" content="270" />
   <meta property="og:video:type" content="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
I still feel like I did something wrong but it's showing up. I do know that if I want to do a different image, I need to change the meta tags as well, so that makes it difficult.

I hope this helps others who may be having troubles with this!