Pano2VR beta7 release

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just released Pano2VR beta7. The major new thing is the improved skin editor with new elements like text fields, images, rectangles and containers. It is now possible to control the scale and alpha channel of each element and to define explicit targets for actions. The Flash 9 "loading settings" have been completely removed and those settings are now integrated into the skin editor. This allows to design the loading screen in a graphical way and match the design with the skin. Also convenience features have been added to the skin editor like copy & paste and undo/redo.
The Flash 9 export supports sub tiles so the download progress looks much like QuickTime.
Pano2VR has been translated to German and Chinese. We are also searching for people who like to help out with other languages. Most needed are French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, and Japanese but also other languages are welcome. If you speak one of those languages and like to help please let me know.
Last but not least beta7 contains a lot of bug fixes so I hope the final 2.0 is near.

The new features as bullets:
  • Improved skins and skin editor with new elements, actions, modifiers, and loading elements
  • Subtiles for Flash 9 export
  • User interface in German and Simplified Chinese
  • Many bug fixes
You can download the new version as always from the Pano2VR download page.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

I reserve the Russian language:) Send me... need text file with Unicode (*.txt file)

work process: ~ 1 week
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
Looking good, but you will need to give me a clue on how to make a load bar and numbers. Can not see how to do this at the moment.
Cheers Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote:Hi Thomas
Looking good, but you will need to give me a clue on how to make a load bar and numbers. Can not see how to do this at the moment.
The best way is to look at the default skins. There is a "default_loading.ggsk" and this is simply the old default loading bar. With a double click you can see the inside of each element. The main "trick" is the modifier "Scale X / loading" and to set the center to left, so that the bar progresses from left to right and the Action "loaded / hide: $self" to hide the bar when loading has finished.
In the text field there is a simple placeholder "$p" for the percentage. You can select the whole bar and copy & paste it into your own skin and modify it there to fit your needs.
I hope Karyn can put up a tutorial for this soon.

PS:
The possible string placeholders are:
$p = downloaded as percentage 0..100
$n = downloaded as value 0.000 ... 1.000
$b = bytes downloaded
$t = total bytes
$B = kBytes downloaded
$T = total kBytes
$ap = current pan angle
$at = current tilt angle
$af = current field of view
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

Great items: speed via buttons, transparent over projection and more...
Skin editor awesome...

Request: for text object in Skin Editor choice, at least font size (better also font face with standart font window)

At the moment, difficult to understand: Loader function into Skin Editor...

thnx

ps. This is a first impressions for one hour acquaintance
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

hum@no.id wrote:I reserve the Russian language:) Send me... need text file with Unicode (*.txt file)

work process: ~ 1 week
Thank you for your offer!!! I have added a new topic for the translation stuff.
MfG, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

Thanks Thomas Im getting the hang of it now.
Have managed to make the text bigger too.
Many thanks Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
henri_smeets

Thanks for the new version, great work on the skin editor! I love the scaling of the controller.

I'm slightly disappointed that there is no integrated sound option for the Flash version, ah well, maybe next version :roll:
visual360media

Looks good so far but we need tutorials with all these added features..

I am gettin message when using the thumbnail feature, when i add background colour it says
something about alpha channel at 'o' so will be transparent, any ideas?

Thanks John G
Kind regards,

John Goulding
thomas
Chief Gnome

John Goulding wrote:Looks good so far but we need tutorials with all these added features..

I am gettin message when using the thumbnail feature, when i add background colour it says
something about alpha channel at 'o' so will be transparent, any ideas?
It says 0 (=zero). You need to change the alpha channel (=opacity) to a higher value for example 255 to get a fully opaque color.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

henri_smeets wrote:I'm slightly disappointed that there is no integrated sound option for the Flash version, ah well, maybe next version :roll:
You can add background sound within the HTML file. More sound features are planed for the next version (after the 2.0 final) because Qt from Trolltech (Pano2VR is based on Qt) released their new version with sound support so this makes things a lot easier for me.
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

I am impressed.

The new Skin Editor has so many options that it is unlikely that there will be many more wishes.
However with all the new stuff a good tutorial is more then ever needed and I hope Karyn can make one very soon.

All the best,

Wim.
Last edited by Wim.Koornneef on Tue May 20, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hopki
Gnome

HI Thomas

Just a couple of other things, the skin editor is very unstable, it keeps crashing on my system. The older versions did not. I am running windows vaster, well some one has to!

Also the skin editor keeps opening very large, the windows, maximise, minimise and exit buttons are hardly visible, off screen. I have a 19in monitor with screen res 1280x1024. The window minimise button on the skin editor does not work, should it?

While I’m at it what’s the container for, and how do I use it?

I must admit I am having lots of fun with this; you have done a fantastic job with all the new functions, 10 out of 10 for the “move to default view, very slick.
Thanks for all your hard work; I know it must be a bit disheartening when you get lots of negative feedback, but keep it up, fantastic. :D
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
Just to let you know, it crashes every time I add an image to the editor and then move it around with the arrowed keys on my keyboard to position it. I get the message “Pano2VR-Panoramic Image Converter has stopped working”
I am useing Windows Vista Home Premium ver. 6.0.6001 service pack 1 Build 6001.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
k.ary.n
Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote: However with all the new stuff a good tutorial is more then ever needed and I hope Karyn can make one very soon.
Hi!

I hope to get a tutorial pounded out as soon as possible!

Have fun with the editor in the meantime...

k.