Unable to create an ipad version without a mac!!

Q&A about the latest versions
besseas

Hello,
how can I get a tour to work on ipad when you run pano2vr from a PC?
Ibook author is an IOS software uncompatible with Windows.
Then, de facto, this tutorial is useless: https://ggnome.com/wiki/IBooks_Author_Widget
Another issues is that all this tutorial are done on mac and STEP 5: "In the Output section, manually add the widget's file path" and STEP 9: "In the Output section, manually add the widget path." can't be reproduced on V5!

I also tried to follow this tutorial: https://ggnome.com/wiki/Using_GoodReade ... ne_Viewing
But again, the problem is that "Disable full screen" can't be find on V5
Then the tour played in the right top corner of the ipad (as seen on this turorial), and that doesn't look pro at all.

If you have a solution to get a tour working on Ipad when build on Windows, thanks to share.

Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Im going to run through things to help, firstly these were written for version 4.x.x, however should still work with V5. Ibooks does as I have tested this out already including the animation.
how can I get a tour to work on ipad when you run pano2vr from a PC?
GoodReader can upload an HTML5 output through iTunes then on to your iPad.

In version 5 there is no disable fullscreen under the HTML tab however you have the toggle fullscreen setting which can be found under the Control tab of the HTML5 output.
But with the latest releases of GoodReader Im not sure that you even need this. Just make an HTML5 output, zip it up and upload it.
Ibook author is an IOS software uncompatible with Windows.
Not correct iBook Author is for OS X not iOS.
However you can make a widget on a PC, but then you will need to use a Mac to use it in an iBook Author.
Another issues is that all this tutorial are done on mac and STEP 5: "In the Output section, manually add the widget's file path" and STEP 9: "In the Output section, manually add the widget path." can't be reproduced on V5!
Again in version 5 this can be easily done in the HTML5 output. Where it says output folder: output, just right click on this and change the text from output to something like example.wdgt.
The only thing you have to make sure of is there is no "/" forward slash at the start of the file name, this is a bit of a bug at the moment.
Example it may end up looking like /example.wdgt.

Now go to the HTML tab and expand the panel. Select iBook from the list of ggt's (thats assuming you have downloaded and added it to Pano2VR).
Set the window size to 1024 x 768, and the path should read, assuming you are using the example: example.wdgt/index.html.
Don't forget your preview image which you set in the iBooks ggt, tools.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
keith@fachwen.org

I've had a play with the iBooks template in Pano2VR V4 and the widget works fine in iBooks publisher and looks great in iBooks itself. (Not much else to do as it's very wet and stormy here in North Wales today) This could be the way forward to distribute panos and tours on smart devices I think. It works on the Apple iBooks player on the desktop too, but the windows won't go full screen. I'm almost excited about using it to produce interactive guidebooks to walks in Snowdonia people can carry with them on the hill. I wonder if the Google maps we see in V5 would also show the users location on the iPad / iPhone?

Anyway, I tried to do the same thing is Pano2VR V5, as I'm using that all the time now. Following your comments above, it was a bit fiddly getting the output and html paths right, but it worked fine once sorted.

Unfortunately the widget wouldn't load into iBooks Author because of
error.png
error.png (24.64 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
I'm guessing the 'convert svg to png' option does't seem to be in v5?

I also noticed I didn't add my preview image anywhere as I did with V4, in your last response you mention:
Don't forget your preview image which you set in the iBooks ggt, tools.
I have no idea what that means :D

Hope I can get past this blockage, without having to do the svg to png myself. It would be great just to be able to change a few settings in a big project and get an iBooks widget out without too much effort.

Thanks.

Screen cap of the pano in iBooks...
ebook.jpg
ebook.jpg (29.47 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Keith,
In version 5's HTML5 output you will find the convert SVG to PNG under the advanced tab.
For the preview image, select the iBooks.ggt.
Then next to where you select the template is the Edit Template button, here you add the preview image.
For the iPad the image needs to be 1024 x 768.
There is also a Gyro selection, so in the skin you can add on init disable the gyro, then gave a button to toggle it on and off.

You can now add javascript code in the Goto URL action.
To toogle the gyroscope simple add:

Code: Select all

javascript:gyro.toggle();
as the URL in the Goto URL action.

To enable/disable the Gyro call:

javascript:gyro.enable();

javascript:gyro.disable();
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

Brilliant, thanks Hopki, will give it a go through tomorrow :)
insignificantother

I'm having trouble getting the gyroscope to work from within Ibooks. Could there be something broken with recent updates?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
As we have a stable release and a beta it would be useful to know which version you are using.
Please, can you let me know then I can test, but as far as I know all is working as should.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Goshi

Hi,

only in iBooks or on iOs devices in general?
Since the last Safari Update on iOS devices, your "website" has to be https, otherwise gyro will not work. Maybee this could be the problem?