Browser FAILS

Q&A about the latest versions
DDiCarlo

Hi all,

I just had a client call upset because a tour is not working.

http://remeorealty.com/featured/218-utica

If you use internet explorer and then go full screen, it is so sensitive that any movement at all throws it into a tailspin. I've tried it on multiple computers, so this is a reproducible thing -- does Pano2vr just not support IE?

Also, when looking on a mobile device, the same tour works great on firefox, but my android phone's native browser, Chrome, it is spread out too far and the controls hang off of the page.

Here is how Chrome renders it:
chrome small.png
chrome small.png (126.7 KiB) Viewed 10009 times
Here is how Firefox renders it:
firefox1 small.png
firefox1 small.png (128.97 KiB) Viewed 10009 times
It seems like for the most part most browsers work, but I am seeing so many nuances and inconsistencies that I am left wondering what exactly is the reach I have with these tours.

Is there a tutorial that talks about how to make a tour most compatible with the most number of browser, both desktop and mobile? I feel like this is a constant struggle...

Thanks,
Dean
360Texas

Yes, I have looked at your realtors page with desktop: IE 11, Firefox, Chrome, Samsung GS4 5.1 " screen w/full version of Chrome.
Without the project / skin files all these observations are just constructive guess work.

Issues might concern Skin anchoring and element size and relative positioning.

IE 11. Anchoring issues and skin element relative positions seem not to be behaving. Elements are partially off screen. I think IE does not fully support Pano2vr.
IE 11. full screen appears not to behave properly (tail spin effect).

What are your Auto rotation values set at ? i.e. speed, delay, return to horizon, and Change Node values?
/Advanced Settings\tab
Control sensitivity, Movement ... & other 5 items in the list values ?

Desktop Chrome behaves properly even with full screen.

Smart Phone screen appears crowded - bottom tool bar needs to be position higher off the bottom. Floor plans appear anchored on upper left screen corner. Can't even tap them.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
DDiCarlo

Thanks for your observations Dave. will review my skin and post back the result shortly.

Dean
DDiCarlo

Hi Dave,

I just did a new tour and have the same issues. http://www.remeorealty.com/node/308

bottom controls that are appearing off of the page on Chrome are anchored to bottom middle. Seems to work fine for all other browsers except chrome.

Martin, can you comment on whether the tailspin is just a known issue with Internet Explorer? To reproduce, go to the tour above and click fullscreen. Any movement at all is extremely exaggerated to produce the tailspin effect.

Here are my settings:
multires settings.JPG
multires settings.JPG (54.07 KiB) Viewed 9971 times
sensitivity settings.JPG
sensitivity settings.JPG (58.61 KiB) Viewed 9971 times
settings.JPG
settings.JPG (66.61 KiB) Viewed 9971 times

Thanks,
Dean
360Texas

First observations: Not sure if these suggestions will resolve your issues but

Here are my favorite settings:

HTML5 Output
Tabs

/Settings\
Auto-Rotate
[x}Enable
Pan Speed = .07 (this is very slow rotation)
Delay: no mouse activity after 5 seconds is good
Return to Horizon: [2.0] Returns the panorama to the horizon with in 2.0 frames
[not deselected] Start after fully loaded

/Advanced Settings\
Control
You might also want to use Mouse wheel [x] Invert This lets me roll mouse wheel back to zoom out and forward towards monitor to zoom in

/Multiresolution\
Your Level Tile Size is set for [512] which is not divisible evenly with your Level Width.
Meaning 2000 / 512 = 3.90625 which is not an even number.
You might consider changing the Level Tile size to 500 where 2000/ 500 = 4.0 | 1000/500 = 2 | and 500 / 500 = 1

What this does for you is it removes all partially filled tiles AND reduces the number of tiles generated and /output total file size in numbers of files and Megabytes. In many instances the number of tiles generated are reduced from 400 - 500 down to 200 - 300 image tiles. More efficient tile usage.

For full affect you will need to delete your current /OUTPUT folder and rebuild the project for testing with IE.

[Other observations in IE 11 on desktop 27" monitor using FULL SCREEN and floor plans are essentially unusable]
Panorama filename /node 308
Did you have an opportunity to check the anchoring of the floor plans ? In IE the floor plans still are positioned too far to the left and off the screen edge with only 1/10th of the right side of the floor plan showing.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

I see you are online at same time I was editing my comments. Hope you read the final comments
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
DDiCarlo

Thanks for calling that to my attention. I had missed your edits. :D

Anyway, i don't understand the feedback on IE fullscreen with the floorplans being off of the page. I am on a 23" monitor and don't have any issues with the floorplans.

Can you please attach a screenshot? Also, in fullscreen, are you still getting the tailspin effect in IE with this new tour i uploaded (308)?

Thanks so much for the feedback - it is a huge help!
Dean
360Texas

Sure.. this is 308 with IE 11 and full screen OH and yes.. tailspins still there.. just not as fast or erratic.
Floor plans anchored upper left and positioned outside screen.
Floor plans anchored upper left and positioned outside screen.
leftsideissue.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 9965 times
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
DDiCarlo

Thanks Dave. That sure is odd. Since it works fine on Firefox and Chrome, this just must be a compatibility issue with Internet explorer, right? I just went to a computer with a 27" monitor and it has the same issue that you posted. so strange.

How can I link @hopki to this thread to see if this is just an IE issue?

Dean
360Texas

Just Skyped Martin concerning your review request Since he is in the UK.. might be tomorrow before he can take a look at this
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
DDiCarlo

Thank you sir!
360Texas

I not think the monitor size is in the issue matrix. I suspect it might have to do with the IE 11 version and its configuration settings.

And you are welcome... just here to help resolve issues as best we can.

Its (5:54pm Texas time) +6 time zones or midnight in the UK.. Martin is certainly fast asleep..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi DDiCarlo, Dave,
The problem is the player you are using which is Pano2VR pro 4.5.0/10633 HTML5/CSS3 & WebGL Panorama Player
Send your customer a player from the current build: Pano2VR pro 4.5.3/10717 HTML5/CSS3 & WebGL Panorama Player

There was a fullscreen bug with IE, but was fixed in the next version of the player.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DDiCarlo

Thanks Martin,

I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that I built this tour with version of 4.5.0 but I need to upgrade and build the tour with version 4.5.3 of Pano2VR pro?

Thanks!
Dean
360Texas

I think its a free upgrade from Pano2vr 4.5.0 to 4.5.3 ?

In my FILE | Settings | General tab, I have [x] always check for Updates turned on.

When I start Pano2vr the software goes out and checks and alerts me that new content is available.

https://ggnome.com/pano2vr#downloads
Dave
Visit 360texas.com