Using placeholders in external loader

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
jare

Hi,
The hotspot placeholders ($hu, $ht...) don't work used in the external image holder's url. Is this a bug?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jare,
How are you using the place holders?
I have just tested with the placeholders $hs, $hu and $ht in an external loader which work for me?

In a hotspot template I have the mouse click, set text action to set the a file name for an image to the external loader.
The external loaded can be located in the skin or as a child of the hotspot template.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jare

Hi Hopki!

Using together with actions like Mouse Click>Set Text>$ht>External1 it all works fine.
I'm going to do hotspots with something like panorama previews, which should be visible all the time, not only after click or mouse over the hotspots. So in the external (it is a child of hs template) I wrote $ht in the URL field. This doesn't work.

UPD:
Solved by action Viewer Init (or Loaded)>Set Text>$ht>External1
Sorry for the trouble :roll:
Hopki
Gnome

:D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
GSchulze

Hello,

I am having a similar approach, i.e. to set the External URL of an external image loader dynamically in a hotspot template (but it does not work):

To show a thumbnail on hovering a hotspot marker, I created a hotspot template, with a rectangle containing an External SWF/Image. The rectangle is set to alpha=1 on mouse over (using Action > Change Element Alpha). The thumbnail images reside in a folder thumbnails/ and have the same names as the node's input file names to which the hotspots are pointing to.

How can I set the URL to the thumbnails correctly? (I have tried jare's solution but with no success).

It should look like this

Regards,
Gerrit
GSchulze

Hello again,

sorry, I forgot to mention, that I will be very happy if someone has any hint, what I might be doing wrong or how to accomplish, what I described above.

A tutorial or an insight into the making of the mentioned paraglider pano tour would help as well, if it exists.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gerrit
JimWatters